Max Baer Vs Pat Comisky in full color high quality

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by mark ant, Jul 30, 2021.

1. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    There`s no way Pat could have taken that amount of right hands from Wilder and remained upright.

2. janitor

janitor VIP Member Full Member

Feb 15, 2006
    How could you even guess that?

The only ranked contender that Wilder ever stopped, was Luis Ortiz.

I am not saying that he is not one of the hardest punchers of all time, but his credentials are wafer thin!

3. Samtotheg

Samtotheg Active Member Full Member

May 4, 2021
    you literally see it at the start of the match and all over the match, do you know what head movement is ?

4. Samtotheg

May 4, 2021

that punch at 449 is what you do with a right hand it travels looping down making the opponent duck and run into his lead hand rising up , so its duck into a hook or lift your head up into a right hand ! that right at 459 was not sloppy again he jabbed then used head movement(Yall love to ***** about) to get inside the lead arm of his opponent and land his right thats premium technique! have no idea what you mean at 502 ...dude max killed people in the ring with his right hand bombs how many people died from wilder ? When I say people dont know what they are looking at , its usually guys like you ! juding boxing my modern lens(high guard wasted footwork ) and punching form. The nuances you don't grasp!

5. Seamus

Seamus Proud Kulak Full Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Yes. I have used it. It's called effective head movement.

mark ant and Pat M like this.
  6. Samtotheg

May 4, 2021
    What is not head movement to you , is it because they are THROWING PUNCHES while slippin that you cant see that as head movement? I can see without any slowing down the footage there is head movement in that fight ,you cant? is this just your bias showing ?

RockyJim and louis54 like this.
  7. Samtotheg

May 4, 2021
    Also there are more options than just head movement defend oneself 1 . Parrying catching punches 2. tying up after punches thrown 3.pivoting to new angles after punches thrown 4.hopping completely out of range

Position is superior to head movement which is reactive anyways when you should be controlling initiative and not reacting in the first place !

8. Seamus

Seamus Proud Kulak Full Member

Feb 11, 2005
    This content is protected

9. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    Their head movement was poor, there were very stiff and not slipping many punches ata all.

Pat M likes this.
  10. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    Both fighters were very predictable and easy to hit.

11. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    It was a wide sloppy right hand, he should have been trained to punch straight, that right hand was like the sloppy rigt hands Lewis was missing Bruno with.

12. Samtotheg

May 4, 2021
    see straight hands are harder to land back then because were not so square and did stand in front of their opponent on top of that they would land that looping right over the lead hand ,please stop you dont know what you are talking about !

RockyJim likes this.
  13. Samtotheg

May 4, 2021
    Ray Charles you listened to this fight on the radio! Baers head movement was not poor (I did not watch pat )

https://makeagif.com/i/etRSoP

right at the beginning of the fight ,keep in mind Baer flick his rear hand like that is to PRE EMPTIVELY catch a jab and counter with his jab the minute he parries . Even when he came up from ducking he lifted the rear hand to anticipate a jab ,it was A LOT HIGHER DEFENSE and DEFENSIVE AWARENESS than your 70s favorite and ****ing deonte wilder.

14. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    Look, they were taught fundamentals back then, Louis was miles ahead of thee fights, look how straight Louis`s right hands were and ironically Schmeling`s v Louis.

15. Cecil

Cecil Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 22, 2015
    Bear, Wilder both are basically unskilled bangers.

BitPlayerVesti likes this.