Max Kellerman said Gvozdyk "quit in his corner after the 9th round"

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Perkin Warbeck, Oct 19, 2019.

1. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    I dont think he quit like flat out, but it was a somewhat of a quit job. The knockdowns were not huge, clean, flush blows, he wasnt really that groggy. Just the accumulation of punches and fatigue and he just kept taking a knee.

It became obvious that Gvozdyk was severely bothered by the thudding accumulation of clubbing shots. And he just went down again and again in the 10th round by his own choosing though. He wasnt actually floored. In the end he just said it's time to call it a day.

2. minemax

minemax Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 10, 2017
    Ok, Gvozdyk had his doubts after the 9th round, but he tried to do his best in the 10th. The first time he was on the floor (in the 10th, the ref didn’t count it out) should have been a real knockdown, in fact—Gvozdyk’s legs mostly gave up from a flurry of punches to the head before that.

Then, the first (registered) knockdown in this round – Gvozdyk took a knee after a real punch, a smart thing to do. The second (registered) knockdown was weird: a real punch plus a punch behind the head with a push down. The referee must be thinking, "Ok, I need to give Beterbiev at least one KD out of the two episodes". The last (final) knockdown maybe looked the most “no-mas-sy” but even before that Gvozdyk tried to land two big punches of his own and Beterbiev landed his arm on Gvozdyk’s neck (which could throw Gvozdyk out of balance) and a right hook.

3. roughdiamond

roughdiamond Ridin' the rails... Full Member

Jul 25, 2015
    Max Kellerman sucks a fat bag of donkey dicks.

I was trying to find the video of this 'unbiased, consistent, theoretical master' fanboying and creaming himself over Pernell Whitaker on LIVE commentary, and being told to shut up by the other commentators. However, it seems to have been removed, and it had a lot of views...

No Max, mentioning Pernell Whitaker repeatedly does not make you an expert on boxing history or technique. Cringe. There are quite a few posters on here I'd put much higher for historic knowledge and fight analysis than Kellerman.