Mayweather-Hatton with a different ref.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by VG_Addict, May 19, 2022.

1. VG_Addict

VG_Addict Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 13, 2012
    How would Mayweather-Hatton have gone with a different ref?

I can't see any version of Hatton beating Floyd, or even coming close.

I'm watching the Hatton-Lazcano fight, and Hatton leaves himself WIDE open. I see him getting countered to death against Floyd in a fight with a different ref.

Dubblechin and Clinton like this.
  2. KO KIDD

KO KIDD Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Floyd won on the inside as well

The joe cortez stuff was blown way out of proportion

Floyd tko

3. zulander

zulander Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Floyd maybe on points but he wins either way.
    Without the frustration of Cortez breaking them anytime Hatton got close- Ricky might have seen the final bell.
    Compare Cortez's performance to the Bhop fight and it's clear he didn't ref them in the same way but C'est la vie. Hatton just didn't have it against 2 of the 3 ATG's he came up against.

Robney likes this.
  4. SpeedKills

SpeedKills Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Don’t remember much about this fight except that the ref definitely got in the way of the fight. After the moment is passed people will always act like that never mattered though. Fight a past-prime opponent, eh, he probably would’ve always beat him. Have a robbery, the fight could’ve gone either way really. Have the ref save you all night, the ref didn’t do nothing.

kirk likes this.
  5. Guerra

Guerra Well-Known Member Full Member

May 23, 2020
    What if joe cortez reffed montreal?

6. Lesion of Doom

Lesion of Doom Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2015
    Mayweather was a different level of fighter from Hatton, which should have been clear to everyone. Referee can't close the gap between the two levels.

chacal, Pimp C and KO KIDD like this.
  7. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Last time I watched Mayweather/Maidana 1, I did think Hatton would of done better had it been Tony Weeks overseeing the fight instead of Cortez.

Hatton still would of lost but he would of had more success for sure. Fact is he wasn't the same fighter at 147, his usual mauling style wasn't as effective against bigger men who could deal with it better. Floyd would of still broken him down, maybe even stopped him still though he would of had to take a lot more shots in reply to get there.

kirk and Wizbit1013 like this.
  8. VG_Addict

VG_Addict Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 13, 2012
    I don't see Hatton beating Floyd at any weight. I give Floyd a good chance at stopping Hatton at 140. Hatton would walk into counters all night.

chacal likes this.
  9. Quina74

Quina74 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 25, 2019
    Manic fanboys at it again. It's actually baffling how the fanboys don't take into account context. Like all it is - name on a list = good.

Ricky Hatton was never a 147lber. Two or three fights before he fought Luis Collazo where many were arguing he got a gift. He went back down to 140lbs straight after for a few fights after that reality check.

Then, after a few fights at 140 lbs Floyd dragged him back up to 147lb. To make things worse he paid a ref to make it difficult for Hatton. If you see this as anything but a cherrypick by Floyd then you are a class A ****ing idiot. At least Pac had the decency to fight Hatton at his natural weight. Pac had by far the better win over IV weather.

Despite the blatant cherrypick and card stacking, in one of the rounds (I'll have to find it), Hatton clocked Floyd and the ref had to jump in and give him several seconds. It was very obvious actually and I'm surprised this isn't brought up often.

box33 likes this.
  10. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Any version of Hatton gets knocked out by Floyd because he is ready made to order. Guys who come at the Mayweather’s Mexican style are meat and drink to them all day long. To have a chance Hatton would need to metamorphosise into Roberto Duran which is an impossibility.

Pimp C and Ducklerr like this.
  11. Slyk

Slyk Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Hatton wins 0/10 times under any circumstance.

12. heerko koois

heerko koois Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 26, 2006
    Campbell Hatton on points

chacal likes this.
  13. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Floyd still would have knocked his ass out.

AdamT likes this.
  14. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Some cry that Hatton couldn't fight his fight and some cry Ward was to rough. Guess it depends on if you like the fighter or not.

KO KIDD likes this.
  15. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    You really are an excuse making troll. Hatton turned pbf down back in 2005 after pbf beat gatti saying they weren't ready. So blame hatton for it not happening at 140. Even still Hatton said he actually preferred fighting pbf at 147 because he wouldn't have to cut so much weight and could spend more time on a gameplan instead of focusing on weight loss in camp, he said he would be the stronger man on fight night. On top of that Hatton weighed more in the ring on fight night at 140 than pbf did in the ring on fight night at 147, weight wasnt a factor. Hatton never made any excuses about the weight he was just simply beaten by a better man who would've beaten him at 140 as well. People like you love to try and discredit every win the man has because of your irrational hate for the man and agenda.

kirk, George Crowcroft, AdamT and 2 others like this.