Mayweather vs Brian Kenny

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by JonasLindberg, Apr 7, 2021.

1. JonasLindberg

JonasLindberg New Member Full Member

Mar 5, 2021
    Who got the better of this classic debate?

I find it amazing that Mayweather believes he was more impressive against Hatton and De La Hoya than Manny was. That's a real stretch.

Smokin Bert likes this.
  2. fists of fury

fists of fury Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 25, 2006
    Yeah, Floyd was salty here.
    It was a cheap shot to call Brian Kenny a know-nothing when it comes to boxing.
    I thought Kenny was very professional and didn't get visibly upset, though he surely must have been.
    Pacquiao was indeed more impressive against DLH and Hatton. But of course Floyd would deny that. Most fighters in his shoes would
    But Mayweather did make some valid points. As time has shown, he indeed was the money man in boxing, and he did go undefeated, whereas Pac lost several times, including to Mayweather himself.
    I also agree that so many fans were wishing for Floyd to get a loss, no matter who he fought.

I think interviews like this are great. Journalists should ask fighters tough questions, and fighters have every right to fire back.
    Good stuff.

3. SheenLantern

SheenLantern Member Full Member

Jan 13, 2016
    I have to pick Mayweather by stoppage. He's one of the best boxers of all time, and to my knowledge Kenny has never fought professionally before.

fists of fury likes this.
  4. BoxingDialogue

BoxingDialogue Active Member Full Member

Apr 26, 2019
    De La Hoya ill give him because it was at 154 and if we're being honest he was a damn zombie when he dropped down to 147 for Pacquiao. The Hatton argument on the other hand was weak, saying a guy is never the same mentally and physically just cause you beat him, yeah whatever. Also Hatton had already shown he was mediocre at 147.