Mayweather Vs Hatton: Your winner and why?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by brown bomber, Sep 20, 2007.

1. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Enough of the maybes and what ifs.... this fight is happening and in little over two months we are going to be sat watching a massive part of boxing history unfold. Does anyone really think that Hatton can pull it off and if so why? I'm a massive fan of both fighters though obviously my support lies strongly with Ricky. What I will say is that I give Hatton has a slight chance to get the upset- I like the way Mayweather sits on the ropes behind his shoulder... but I think Hattons going to like it more. I also think he'll like the fact that on the odd occasion we have seen Mayweather tagged there has been a reaction in his legs -the Judah knockdown, the Corley wobble plus Castillo, De la Hoya and Baldomir all managed to hurt the champion in their fights. I think Floyds best weapon in this fight will be his well timed right over the top counter- and to a lesser degree his jab. I also think he'll be smart enough to make a target of Rickys body. My early thoughts are Mayweather will slow Ricky down the stretch and take a UD but i'm so hoping i'm wrong. Thoughts? :good

2. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Ricky is going to win like my signature says.

3. AllyT

AllyT Active Member Full Member

Oct 13, 2004
    This content is protected

4. Max Molyneux

Max Molyneux Liverpool Liver Tickler Full Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Mayweather by an easy or at least clear points win.

Hatton's pressure tactics lack defence and he eats punches as he dives In. A fast slick decent counter puncher can exploit that and I think Floyd will. DLH and Castillo's pressure tactics were different to Ricky's.

5. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    One things for sure Floyd may have got away with that smiling and showing off when the more measured Castillo and De la Hoya landed their combos but against Hatton he won't. Hatton will just keep throwing. I sincerely believe Mayweather will have to hurt Hatton early with bodyshots to get the victory. Otherwise you have the possibility of Hatton doing most of the work but Mayweather managing the more eyecatching shots..... and you know what that means-' the winner by split decision'... and all the bollocks that goes with it!

6. elle

elle Journeywoman Full Member

Aug 21, 2007
    I'm going to go with my heart and say Hatton.

I think it suits Hatton to be the underdog as then there is actually more pressure on Mayweather to win the fight. Hopefully, this fight will bring out the best In Hatton - often the tougher your opposition the better you perform and he will need to be at his very best. If he boxes to his strengths, keeps the pressure up and stays close to Mayweather (didn't look comfortable when De La Hoya did) its not impossible for him to win.

As a huge Hatton fan I would be over the moon if he could pull it off
    but I also think it would be a victory for boxing as Mayweather comes across as though he believes he is bigger than the sport at the moment. Actions speak louder than words and far from being the chump Mayweather has labelled him I really hope that come Dec 8th Hatton is the champ.

7. Robbi

Robbi Marvelous Full Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Mayweather will win as he's too slick and versatile. Hatton can put all the pressure on he wants, and throw as many punches as he wants. You need to be effective with pressure, and Mayweather has the perfect style to offset Hatton. But at the end of the day, Mayweather will hit Hatton more than the other way around.

8. My dinner with Conteh

My dinner with Conteh Tending Bepi Ros' grave again Full Member

Dec 18, 2004
    Mayweather seems a class above to me. Hope i'm wrong though.

9. TBooze

TBooze Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Hatton proved me wrong in the Tszyu fight; I hope he can again

Mayweather TKO10

10. Robbi

Robbi Marvelous Full Member

Jul 23, 2004
    I picked Hatton to beat Tszyu on points.

11. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    DLH and Castillos tactics made it close but got them Ls. Hatton is bringing the pain!

12. nulty

nulty Guest

I agree, but think Ricky can take it, and will wear floyd down with body shots. If this fight was 15 rounds i'd have no problem picking Ricky. I'm still picking him by stoppage in the championship rounds. Ricky will shock the world.

13. TBooze

TBooze Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 22, 2006
    The championship rounds are the 13th, 14th and 15th....:huh

14. The taff

The taff Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2005
    I'd like to say Ricky but i can't see it happening. . Floyd is so hard to hit, it wont be like the zoo fight, even though most thought Ricky would lose that one as well.

I really hope Hatton pulls it off though.

15. Strike

Strike Boxing Addict banned

Sep 14, 2004
    Spot on.

Mayweather with ease. I will be cheering on Hatton like I have never cheered on any fighter but he is getting raped.