Mayweather Vs Hatton: Your winner and why?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by brown bomber, Sep 20, 2007.

1. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Hattons the best of the best, the creme de la creme, 43 have tried, 43 have failed.... lol.

2. lenzo

lenzo Lenzo Full Member

Sep 18, 2007
    Brain says Floyd, heart wants Hatton.
    Wallet says: No bets.
    I've always liked the underdog aggressor when against a runner boxer.
    Please shut Floyd's foul trap.

3. Jack Dempsey

Jack Dempsey Legend Full Member

Jun 13, 2005
    Mayweather by UD or possibly by TKO on cuts

I'd love to see Hatton win this but I just can't seem him outpointing or knocking Floyd out

4. nulty

nulty Guest

In this day and age they're the eleventh and twelfth. :huh

5. stake501

stake501 Active Member Full Member

Apr 7, 2007
    You echo my sentiments exactly

i would just love it (in Keegan stylee) if Hatton beat Mayweather.

But we all know what happened to Newcastle in that premiership race.

For that reason, I will bet on Mayweather.....so I'm a winner whatever the outcome

6. TBooze

TBooze Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 22, 2006
    I know what you are saying... but the championship rounds used to mean a little bit, not now; the phrase is now dead IMO.;)

7. nulty

nulty Guest

I agree, I wish we still had 15 rounds. On all too many ocassions those extra three rounds seperated the the very good from the great.

8. kerrminator

kerrminator Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 14, 2007
    I think a prime Hatton would struggle to win 4 or 5 rounds against PBF but I may be in the minority when I say I reckon his stamina is not what it used to be- all the weight ballooning is taking its toll imo.

His win over JLC was done with true conviction but the 2 fights previous to that (Collazo, Uruango) showed a sever lack of stamina in the latter rounds. If Hatton can hurt him then Maybe but Floyd has been in with far better opposition imo and has never really shown a chink in his armour where taking shots is concerned.

I will be cheering like a madman for Hatton come fight night but I just cannot see any way in which he can win

9. mmickyward

mmickyward Member Full Member

Jul 2, 2006
    Hatton on points. yEAH FLOYD IS A MASTER BOXER BUT CMON IS RICKY REALLY GOING TO BOX WITH HIM NO WAY. hATTON IS A HIGHLY INTELLIGENT FIGHTER AND WILL STUDY THE CASTILLO AND DE LA HOYA TAPES.wORK OUT A GAME PLAN WITH BILLY GRAHAM AND EXECUTE IT. RICKY WILL HAVE ENDED UP MISSING MORE PUNCHES THAN IN ANY OF HIS FIGHTS BUT HIS WORK RATE,HEART,SELF BELIEF AND SHEER WILL WILL PAY OFF.FLOYDS MASTERFUL BUT NO SUPERMAN

10. steelem

steelem Active Member Full Member

Mar 5, 2006
    I really hope for a hatton win - really cant see what the fuss is with mayweather - he has struggled in so many fights now & looks a coward at times - I will be roaring for a hatton victory - p.s watch out for the sick bar in the M.G.M

11. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Hatton is going to get stopped by PBF. Hatton is ready made to order for Floyd Junior. Ricky can basically fight only one way. Ask yourself a simple question how many fighters with similar styles to Hatton has PBF beaten and when has Hatton faced anything remotely like PBF. Therein lies the clues. I hate to say it but this might later be viewed as a gross mismatch after the fight has occurred.

12. steelem

steelem Active Member Full Member

Mar 5, 2006
    OLU you live in cukoo land

13. Dunky McCafferty

Dunky McCafferty Boxing Junkie banned

Aug 24, 2004
    thats the trouble Olu, the Hatton fans wont ask themselves that most simple of questions. Why? cos they are letting their hearts rule their heads. Instead of decent debate, its all "Go on Ricky my son" posts, & vicious abuse of anyone like us who dares to call this fight like it is, a mismatch.

14. Dunky McCafferty

Dunky McCafferty Boxing Junkie banned

Aug 24, 2004
    & look Olu, herein lies the proof. 3 guesses wordwise where this character will be when you are proven right, NEXT TO NOWHERE.

15. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Hey Olu- hope you are well. I disagree with your point about Mayweather fighting guys similer to Hatton. I reckon Mayweather has fought no one who will match Hattons intensity or workrate. And as the general thoery is that to beat mayweather you have to outwork and bully him out of the fight who better to test this thesis then the best P4P pressure fighter in the world?