Mayweather Vs Hatton: Your winner and why?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by brown bomber, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Strike

Strike Boxing Addict banned

Sep 14, 2004
    Mayweater late TKO.

2. Healy

Healy Former Wee Poof

Feb 13, 2006
    Im not saying PBF will definatly win, Hatton deserves credit, but im 85% sure Mayweather will win it

I dont know how many times iv seen Floyd find a way to win, against so many defferent fighters. Id say Hatton will eat alot of pun ches on his way in to smother Mayweather, if he doesnt, will i cant see happening it will be interesting to see can Hatton land enough body shots and basically jump on Mayweather enough to drain him. Like i said, cant see it happening, its more likelt that Hatton will struggle to get inside, get left hooks like Castillo did, get no target to hit like Baldomir did and end up confused as to his gameplan as ODLH did.
    Cuts could be the reason of stoppage if it turns into a Gatti-PBF type fight, i wouldnt be surprised if Hattons face was well damaged by the end of it.

People also forget about the weight, its 147, remember Hattons last outing at 147, yet PBF is coming down essentially after the Oscar fight. Collazo is no Mayweather, Hatton didnt even win that fight in my opinion, but the main thing i picked out of that fight was Hattons conditioning...he got tried in that fight and also the Urango fight in the last 5ish rounds.

Mayweather on the other hand is one of the fittest athletes iv ever seen. Spends 15 mins rounds with different sparring partners coming in...is probably walking around right now at 155. What weight is Ricky now?

Theres so many reasons i dont see Hatton winning this fight..i hope im right:D

3. GazOC

GazOC Guest Star for Team Taff Full Member

Jan 7, 2005
    You're comparing a shot Gatti to a prime Hatton? :huh

The size thing won't be much of an issue, this time Hatton is training for 147 and Mayweather started his career in the lighter divisions.

Oh, and predicting a fighters face may get damaged in a boxing match isn't really sticking your neck out.;)

4. Healy

Healy Former Wee Poof

Feb 13, 2006
    Gatti and Hatton aren't one million miles apart. Gatti wasn't completely shot before the fight, he was after.
    Remember all the talk Gatti did, he thought he could win the fight.

I didnt compare Hatton and Gatti, i said if the fight turns into the same type of fight.ie-Hatton having no way to get at PBF.

The size wont matter too much, but conditioning will.

Its sticking you neck out saying you expect Hatton to lose on cuts more than likely.

5. GazOC

Jan 7, 2005
    Fighters always think they'll win or at least make the right noises. Given what happened with Gomez I'd say Gatti was pretty shot when he faced Mayweather.

Yep, 'stoppage by cuts' is sticking your next out. Fair enough. Predicting facial damage isn't though....;O)

6. Healy

Healy Former Wee Poof

Feb 13, 2006
    what happened with Gomez was two years later

7. GazOC

Jan 7, 2005
    He had 3 fights after Mayweather, he beat a journeyman then lost to Baldimir (fair enough) then lost to Gomez. Pretty poor form.