Mayweather will face former Japanese boxer in July

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Big Ukrainian, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Big Ukrainian

Big Ukrainian Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Another 3-rounds exhibition

Former five division world champion Floyd Mayweather is gearing up for another trip to Japan in the summer.

According to Mayweather, he plans to take part in another exhibition bout.

The 42-year-old former boxer traveled to Japan on New Year's Eve, and knocked out undefeated kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa in a single round. Nasukawa was grossly undersized and was dropped three times before the contest was waved off.

The fight with Nasukawa was scheduled to be a three round bout, with no scores or winner being announced - and fought under traditional boxing rules.

This time around, Mayweather says he will face a ex-boxer - but he's unsure of the name or weight class.

MMA company RIZIN had promoted the initial exhibition and is likely handling the next one.

Last Saturday night, Mayweather told reporters that he brokered a deal where his undefeated pupil, WBA super featherweight champion Gervonta Davis, would travel over to Japan in April for an exhibition with Nasukawa.

Mayweather expects to take part in several exhibitions before the year is over.

"They called me, I got another one in Japan, in July... for like $10 million, three rounds. I got another one in July, same rules, always my rules. It's a Japanese boxer, a former boxer from what I heard, I got a call today. In exhibitions this year alone, I think I got about 4 or 5 exhibitions this year... I'll make about $80 million, this year," Mayweather told TMZ.

POTUS likes this.
  2. Big Ukrainian

Big Ukrainian Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 10, 2007
    I wonder who will be his opponent, especially since Floyd hadn't said is it male of female "former boxer". I think Shindo Go is one of the options with Fighting Harada being another one.

But Floyd may think they are too dangerous and chose Chikako Aikawa instead

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  3. heerko koois

heerko koois Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 26, 2006
  4. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
  5. VicMcCoy

VicMcCoy Member Full Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Good money if you can get it. Whilst I find his infatuation with money a bit grotesque, if I was in his shoes I’d probably do the same.

6. DoubleJab666

DoubleJab666 Dot, dot, dot... Full Member

Nov 9, 2015
    This is like people who are clearly too old but still go clubbing; they might be able to dance but it's cringe worthy to witness....

7. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    As long as a decent amount of people don't get tired of this gimmick, he might be able to pull this crap until he's in his 50's.

8. VicMcCoy

VicMcCoy Member Full Member

Nov 5, 2018
    It’s a pretty smart move focusing on Japan. It’s a fairly untapped market and they have an appetite for freak shows like this. They’ll pay big money for it too.

Sphillips, RingKing75 and Pimp C like this.
  9. sparta

sparta Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Mmm interesting, i wonder if floyd would be interested in fighting mike zambidis in one of those exibitions, seeing as though mike has a big name in japan and has come out of retirement to pursue a gig in boxing at 39 years old. Id like to see.

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  10. blackbolt396

blackbolt396 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Lol.

Hanz Cholo and Pimp C like this.
  11. mb1233

mb1233 Active Member Full Member

Aug 18, 2017
    At least it’s against a boxer this time.

Big Ukrainian likes this.
  12. Bukkake

Bukkake Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 20, 2010
    How about an exhibition against Naoya Inoue? I bet that would create huge interest in Japan.

But of course Inoue would have to promise not to try too hard - and that he won't punch to the body.

13. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    No no no no no.

He's going to fight Ippo Makunouchi. That's right, live on PPV, after fifteen minutes' worth of ring walk, Floyd Mayweather Jr. is going to stand in front of a silent, edge-of-their-seats Japanese crowd and punch ...a comic book.

Big Ukrainian likes this.
  14. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    If promoters are dumb enough to keep giving him nice paydays then why not take easy money?

15. rapscalion

rapscalion Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Lol who the hell would pay him $10 million for this crap? Maybe if was someone a lot bigger than him instead of someone 20 pounds lighter. But if they are willing to then it would be stupid not to take it. No risks all reward

Big Ukrainian and Heavy_Hitter like this.