McClellan's two losses...

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Russell, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Russell

Russell VIP Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2007
    To lower quality guys. Ralph Ward and Dennis Milton. Nearly back to back losses.

Was something plauging it, hand troubles, I don't know. Any reasoning behind them?

2. TBooze

TBooze Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 22, 2006
    McClellan could be a bit lazy, and if you look at his career, basically if you survived six rounds with him you beat (with a couple of exceptions).

Dennis Milton was a fair fighter and a future fringe contender, but someone like McClellan really should of learnt from the defeat; which made the Ward loss very bad.

I went to the Royal Albert Hall (to see Bruno) and watched him beat Mugabi; he was a huge underdog and it was a big upset, but it was the making of him as a fighter, sadly a flawed and tragic one though...

3. Russell

Russell VIP Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2007
    Do you think Mugabi was past his best that night?

Did he come into the fight motivated/in shape?

4. TBooze

TBooze Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 22, 2006
    I looked like a twat because I was selling Mugabi big time to my mates, as we often just showed up for just the Main Event, and made an exception this time because we going to watch The Beast wipe out some American....

Mugabi looked fine walking into the ring, I guess when you have a banger like McClellan in there, these things happen. I remember being absolutely stunned after the fight, and got the **** ripped out of me for the rest of the night and next day.

5. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    I understand that this was a point in G Mans career where he didn't give a **** and was just fighting to fight and get some money.