Mcintyre beats anderson

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by rydersonthestorm, Nov 2, 2007.

1. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Dunky- do you know much about Dixons amateur career- I heard he was garbage... suprising as as a pro it was his boxing skill and workrate which were most impressive. I liked Dixon he had some gr8 fights the one with Derek Roche springs to mind and also the Farnell fight.

2. Top Dog

Top Dog Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 10, 2006
    Got to disagree here. I think Ajose would be too versatile for Moore. Actually I think he'd KO him, hand him his arse on a plate. I dont think we've seen the best of Ajose, lookin forward to it. Remember Ajose destroyed Pryce easily for **** sake

3. The Lads

The Lads Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2007
    That wasnt the Pryce we have now though was it, it was the Pryce who was out on the lash all the time and getting in trouble, not training properly etc... Not saying Ajose wouldnt beat him now, not saying he would, but it wasnt the current Bradley.
    IMO Ajose's most impressive win was over Ali, who although came in at 3 or 4 days notice, is still a top fighter.

Ajose doesnt KO Gary Reid and doesnt have a high KO percentage yet he'll KO Jamie Moore - interesting.

All everyones opinions are based on sems to be his potential, no? Wish Frank Maloney could get him matched with Colin Lynes or someone with some credence at light Welter - be easier to gauge what he can do wouldnt it.

4. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Frank has tried many times. In fact Lynes had even signed contracts at least twice before pulling out at the last minute. Everyone including Lynes knows what would happen.

Ajose hurt Reid badly even Reid admitted afterwards that Ajose was world class and by far the best fighter he had ever faced. I will let you into a little secret Ajose was injured going into the fight though from his performance you could not tell. We were not going to pull out under any circumstances as he had been the commonwealth title mandatory challenger for over 2 years.

As for Pryce easy to say he is different now. I have not heard him ask for a rematch. Frank Warren easy not going to make the same mistake again.

As much as I would like Ajose to fight Lynes the realist in me knows it will never happen as Lynes is absolutely petrified and yet has the audacity to call himself a champion.

Quite frankly Ali Nuumbembee is a much better fighter than Pryce, Moore and Lynes. The thing I will never forget is that Nuumbembee and Ajose faced each other when nobody else would face either fighter so they had to face each other. Even Bob Shannon Nuumbembee trainner admitted that Ali would have lost to Ajose in any circumstances because Ajose was that good.

Ajose was lso a top class amateur who represented Nigeria in the Sydney Olympics and won the All African games Gold Medal amongst many international titles. It is a known fact that he has been the most avoided fighter in Britain.

5. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Nice to hear from you again my old mate. I am expecting our boy Ando to come back strong and better in 2008 after a rest.

6. brown bomber

Jul 1, 2006
    I'm going to start this by saying I respect you Olu and of course respect Ajose who is a talented performer and has achieved in his career something a boxer of my talent can only dream of.... However strictly as a follower of the sport lets me lay down a few home truths. Ajose didn't beat the dedicated pryce of today he beat a guy who had gone 3-4 in his last 7 bouts his wins coming in an upset against Ivan Kirpa, craig lynch a novice and Keith Jones a journeyman. Before this rut Pryce had been a fantastic lightweight/ lightwelter prospect but following his loss to Bami its clear to see he went off the rails. If most of his losses are excusable and against talented operators a clearer illustration of just how beatable Pryce was at this time is the fact he was outpointed by Furaii Musiwa just 6 months before the Olusegun fight. Musiwa??? World Beater- I think not. Back to Ajose, the short notice Ali Nummbembe victory is impressive, but as impressive as that result is the fact that Ajose failed to make any real impact against a well prepared Gary Reid is equally unimpressive.

Can anyone honestly say that that performance was on a par with Moores against Micheal Jones, Dave Walker, Mathew Macklin? If you can then I must be involved in the wrong sport.

Ajose, talented as he appears and as you keep telling us Olu has yet to perform at anywhere near the level it would take to beat LIGHT MIDDLEWEIGHT Moore.

I've watched both Moore and Nummbembe from ringside and to suggest Ali is better then him is plain silly. Ali is a smooth operator - yes, but completely unproven and no more skilful then Jamie.

On saturdays form Anderson will get absolutely mullered by Moore- Give Jamie a bit of respect he deserves it.

7. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    I don't disrespect Jamie Moore. I respect all fighters including your good self both as a fighter and a fan and even more importantly as a man.

I don't believe in making excuses for losses. Pryce lost simply because he was not up to the job against the people that beat him same with Jamie Moore. Michael Jones, Dave Walker and Matthew Macklin might mean something by domestic standards but they don't at genuine international level and world class. Those of us in the know from Africa knew that the matchmakers had made mistakes when they chose Ajose against Pryce, Duran against Moore and Okine against Barnes. A lot of times the matchmakers think they are bringing in an opponent sometimes not realising that they are making a mistake. If they had an inkling of Ajose's talent and his amateur pedigree they would never have made the match.

As for Jamie Moore we have to agree to strongly disagree. In fact Ajose deals with better fighters and fighters that have knocked out Moore in sparring.

Ajose win over Reid was far better as it was a boxing masterclass. Moore great lad that he is does not possess the same gifts.

As for Reid he is usually brought in as a last minute substitute. Against he was given the opportunity to prepare properly and by his own admission was in the best shape of his life yet Ajose beat him easily winning every second of every round and hurting him badly. Yes Reid went the distance despite the pain a 50% Ajose put on him. The truth of the matter is Ajose has knocked out better fighters than Jamie Moore and Reid. If pushed I suspect Moore and Pryce would fight a life and death struggle. In fact Pryce might even win.

8. brown bomber

Jul 1, 2006
    Fair enough Olu- we'll have to disagree on that one.... I'd be interested to know who knocked Moore out in sparring! PM me?

9. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    I think you have got my point wrong. I said or meant to say Ajose has dealt with fighters that have stopped Jamie Moore in contests in sparring. I will not name names but I am sure you can read between the lines.

10. brown bomber

Jul 1, 2006
    No probs Olu- didn't mean to sound a bit arsey with you just didn't want to sit by and watch one of my favourite fighters derided! I'm sure you'd do the same.

11. The Lads

Oct 22, 2007
    Lets see Ajose get some fights then and back up your claims. Who's next?

12. Top Dog

Oct 10, 2006
    Give the kid some credit, Ajose isnt getting the fights but it's not for the lack of trying, there arent many who want to have a go, simple as that. The thing with the guy is, he doesnt have a big enough name yet, so no-one wants to take him on cause he's a dangerous dude. I can defo see him doing something given the chance.

13. Top Dog

Oct 10, 2006
    Hi Olu, yeah hopefully Ando will come back better after a long rest, and get a rematch with McIntyre, cause he will slaughter the guy when he's 100% Ando boxed about 10%, and I think most people can see that. I dropped you a quick note so check your P.M. Keep it on the hush though.
    Lastly, is your man signed up with Maloney? I'm just wondering cause I cant believe one of the big promoters havent signed him and pushed him forward big time, maybe time to head to America?

14. The Lads

Oct 22, 2007
    Maloneys pretty big, 2nd only to Warren in the UK. He's taken a whole host of fighters all the way and will do well with Ajose, whos a hard fighter to match (like Ali).

15. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Jeff no problem mate. I like Jamie Moore because he is game lad and gutsty kid. In particular I like the fact that he has come back from some of his earlier defeats. I am not trying to deride him so I hope it did not come across as that. However I must admit that I fear for him when he steps up in class internationally. I will be watching him with interest now that I know he is one of your favourites. Wishing both you and him the best.