McMoustache vs. Greb vs. Fitzsimmons

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by cross_trainer, Sep 17, 2011.

1. cross_trainer

cross_trainer Liston was good, but no "Tire Iron" Jones Full Member

Jun 30, 2005
    3-way battle royale, winner-take-all. Fitz is at his prime weight of exactly 167 pounds, Dempsey promised Greb a title shot if he wins (he lied), and McMoustache has bulked up on his beer-and-shoe-leather protein smoothies to his usual 168 pounds.

Axiomatically, we know that this fight will end with Fitz KO'ing his opponents in one round, Greb winning by UD, and McMoustache flooring everybody with his vaunted 1-punch combination (including his long-suffering wife, Irma McMoustache). Unfortunately, this leaves us with a paradox.

So...who wins?

2. TheGreatA

TheGreatA Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 4, 2009
    It's a massacre to put two middleweights against a heavyweight.

cross_trainer likes this.
  3. the cobra

the cobra Awesomeizationism! Full Member

Jun 30, 2008
    All I can say is that one way or another, Chocolate Negro Kid is getting robbed.

SHADAPBLAD likes this.
  4. cross_trainer

Jun 30, 2005
    You're forgetting McMoustache's gypsy years, wherein Boston Tom rode the rails, kept trim with a steady supply of beetroots and cholera, and battled under the name Tom McMoustache (with an "o") to confuse the Boston authorities. His birth certificate never clarified the matter, since he always maintained that he was born in 1792 to a family of fifty children, making him over a century old when he lost his (controversial) fight to "Gentleman" Jack Mulroney.

Besides, "McMoustache" was the spelling he gave on his membership application to Boston's Ancient Irish Order of Irish Hibernians With Irish Names. That's the one I'm using. :bart

5. El Bujia

El Bujia Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Soldier Fireman Kid KO1.

6. Kalasinn

Kalasinn ♧ OG Kally ♤ Full Member

Dec 26, 2009
    This. :lol::lol:

George Crowcroft likes this.
  7. Kalasinn

Dec 26, 2009
    'Fireman Kid ducked Negro Miner Man. :scaredas:

8. DonBoxer

DonBoxer The Lion! Full Member

Apr 28, 2010
    If anything is certain it is that if this happened it would have been a draw and recorded as a no contest for no apparent reason.

9. cross_trainer

Jun 30, 2005
    That's all well and good, but the people who saw McMoustache fight live unanimously claimed that he looked like the kind of guy who'd put an "o" in his name. I'll take the word of his contemporaries over your meticulous historical research.

Besides, Fleischer is well known for his bias, adding letters to his favorite fighters' names and taking letters away from fighters he didn't think highly of. Just ask Jac Jons.

10. Pachilles

Pachilles Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 15, 2009
    For anyone that says i contribute nothing to the Classic forum, i invented the names chocolate negro kid, soldier fireman kid and negro miner man

SHADAPBLAD likes this.
  11. Kalasinn

Dec 26, 2009
    You didn't invent their names, you uncovered mildew-stained fragmented flakes of 19th century newspaper clippings. :D

12. teeto

teeto Obsessed with Boxing banned

Oct 15, 2007
    mcmoustache is a barry

13. DonBoxer

DonBoxer The Lion! Full Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Who says that to you?

:bbb If i was 50 years younger i would kick their ass.

14. teeto

teeto Obsessed with Boxing banned

Oct 15, 2007
    :rofl

15. janitor

janitor VIP Member Full Member

Feb 15, 2006
    DudeGuyMan is the recognised authority on McMustache, despite his lack of knowledge about any other fighter of the adjacent eras.

Of the posters on this site, he is by far the best disposed to provide an assessment of McMustache's technical strengths and weaknesses.

His opinion would therefore have to be regarded very highly, in answering this question.