Me hitting the pads (video) *UPDATED* double end bag vid

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by slo100, May 13, 2013.

1. ItsAllOwa

ItsAllOwa New Member Full Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Don't stop it from moving move with it

2. slo100

slo100 Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Yeah, I don't usually stop it. Just for the purpose of this demonstration I wanted to control the ball a little better.

3. 123ko

123ko Active Member Full Member

Apr 2, 2012
    stop the ball with a double arm block then counter hook,,,

4. Alex

Alex New Member Full Member

Jul 7, 2013
    working that ball good i tried it for the first time last week and **** me its hard lol

5. colin7878

colin7878 Active Member Full Member

Jun 6, 2008
    turn your hips into the punches. why the weak arm punches

6. slo100

Oct 27, 2007
    Colin, I'm not trying to work power on the double end bag. I may be mistaken but I was under the impression that double end bag is about speed timing and accuracy, not trying to destroy the bladder and burst the ball at the seams.

7. jasper2005

jasper2005 Active Member Full Member

Jun 8, 2012
    This is true, same with the speed bag... ppl are dumb tho and don't get it

8. slo100

Oct 27, 2007
    Okay so here's a little drill from my first session back in the gym since my ankle injury and the last pad video. I'm not very happy with it and I can already see the things i'm doing wrong. My guard starts to revert back by the end of the video, leaving the left hand floating out too far from my face, shortening and arm punching my jab rather than really pumping it out while twisting side on, but I think there's an overall improvement in speed and explosiveness, a bit more fluid however I tend to disengage after each combination where as I should be treating the whole exercise as a fight simulation and stay focused at all times, but in my defence I will point out that this is nearing the end of an hour long work out so my attention span was waning a bit. Anyway here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7OsspXRzDM&feature=youtu.be