Merchant needs to let Lamps call the action

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by achillesthegreat, Sep 30, 2007.

1. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    When Pavlik is wailing on Taylor, Merchant was in the middle of one of his slow one liners. Lamps had to jump in but Merchant should just shut the **** up. Even when Taylor is down, Merch wants to come in with a slow one liner.

Lamps understands the historical importance of such moments. He provides the passion and drama needed to justify the action.

2. brooklyn1550

brooklyn1550 Roberto Duran Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    I noticed that....when Taylor was in big trouble in the corner, Merchant was finishing up his thoughts how nobody likes to get hit, but Taylor was taking them pretty well - even when Jim was screaming.

3. Kolya

Kolya Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    I imagine there was a lot of passion and drama from Lamps last night; watching his boyfriend get KO'd like that. But yeah, when my dad called me on the phone to tell me about it, he called Larry "what's his name? the drunk."

4. Irländsk

Irländsk Boxing Addict banned

Apr 19, 2007
    Saw the fight on SOPCAST so it was the first time I heard HBO commentary, and you're right that old ******* kept getting in Lampley's way with his bull****, I didn't even know whAT the **** he was talking about half the time, sounded like he was having a conversation with himself and wasn't even watching the fight. Lennox was pretty good IMO, better than I thought he'd be, and Lampley also did a good job.

5. achillesthegreat

Jul 21, 2004
    How could Larry not clock on. The crowd and lamps were going nuts and he just had to use his eyes to see the significance of what was happening.

6. scurlaruntings

scurlaruntings ESB 2002 Club Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    I wouldnt worry about Larry to much.His old and senile now. Whats worse is that idiot Lennox.Geez man who gave this guy a mike? He hasnt got a freaking clue!

7. Relentless

Relentless VIP Member banned

Mar 5, 2006
    its funny when lennox lewis tries to say something and merchant just makes him STFU.

8. brooklyn1550

brooklyn1550 Roberto Duran Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    Good question - everybody was standing and screaming while Larry was trying to finish his sentence:lol:

9. achillesthegreat

Jul 21, 2004
    Does Lennox even speak during the 7th round? I'm not sure he did.