Mess-about Heavyweight tournament

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Twentyman, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Answering my own post....

Usyk v Parker being a real tight affair, but Usyk edging it on points.

Fury to use his 2 stone advantage and skill to stop Joshua.

moog and Wizbit1013 like this.
  2. Chuck Wepner

Chuck Wepner Member Full Member

May 10, 2016
    Parker points having knocked Usyk down.

Joshua by mid round stoppage as Howard Foster doesn’t give Fury the opportunity to do the Undertaker 2.

All this sets up a rematch nobody asked for except we don’t have Mr Dolmio as the referee this time.

3. Shakermaker

Shakermaker Active Member Full Member

Mar 19, 2019
    Usyk withstands a late Parker onslaught to win a points decision by 3 or 4 rounds

Fury stopping Joshua in the 10th as AJ’s gas tank runs out and Fury’s boxing skill takes over

moog likes this.
  4. mgmark7

mgmark7 Active Member Full Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Usyk v Parker (W) Parker had problems with Hughie's movement when they fought and I think Usyk will cause similar problems. I think Usyk will engage more than Hughie did and this will give Parker more opportunity to land hurtful punches that slow Usyk down.

Joshua v Fury (W) Fury bashes AJ up in a hard gruelling fight.

5. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Usyk to beat Parker

Fury to beat Joshua

Usyk to beat Fury

6. FP 2.0

FP 2.0 Member Full Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Parker win

Fury win.

7. FP 2.0

FP 2.0 Member Full Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Does anybody want to do this?

I’ve been assigned as quizmaster for my family quiz this weekend

moog and Twentyman like this.
  8. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Usyk on points, 116-112, 115-113 type scores. Fury to stop Joshua between 4-8 after outclassing him. How would he do it? Haven't got a clue as he could win it many different ways.

9. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Usyk on points

Fury on points

Clarkey likes this.
  10. Double J

Double J Member Full Member

Jul 31, 2017
    Usyk 115-113 Parker
    Parker starts well, winning the first 2-3 rounds. Usyk then steps it up and just wins rounds in the middle part of the fight. Parker sensing he could be behind steps up the pace a little too late, and after giving Usyk some serious problems in 11 and 12 it’s not enough.

AJ 114-113 Fury
    Fury messing around in a packed Saudi stadium of 14k. With his hands behind his back landing 4 jabs a round early on.
    Fury doesn’t seem as interested as engaging AJ as he did Wilder.
    Rounds 3-10 prove to be some of the most boring boxing you’ll see, with both men just jabbing and not really wanting to engage. Any punch is met with sarcastic cheers from the crowd. Rounds 11 and 12 it steps up with both men willing to to exchange more. AJ lands a big right and Fury holds on in the 12th.
    Both men have arms a loft, and Fury is on the ropes celebrating what he thinks is a good win.
    Eddie Hearn can be seen around the judging area with a couple of brown envelopes.
    Michael Buffer falls them in and announces AJ has won via split decision.
    Forums and Twitter a like are split on who won, but nobody wants to see that **** again and both men retire.

11. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    I’m surprised some of my peers still think Fury would fight with his previous style like he did prior to the second Wilder fight.

He’s joined the Kronk gym and has just walked down and battered the single biggest punching heavyweight on the planet. He’s evolved his style and attitude. He wanted to use his natural attributes instead of being a David in Goliath’s body and using his boxing skill on the back foot. Why would he revert to his younger self to fight Joshua?

The best fighters adapt and evolve...especially as they get older. There are so many examples of fighters fighting differently than they did when they were younger. You’re going to see this same Fury from now on...holding centre ring, forcing the fight, using his natural strengths and attributes.

moog likes this.
  12. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    I think people say that because they see Joshua as a better boxer than Wilder so presume he will just go back to a more safe style.

Problem with that theory is, yes Joshua is a better boxer than Wilder but still pales in comparison to Fury. Joshua isn't as powerful as wilder and is probably a tad slower. Fury can ride those punches the way he did against Wilder and break Joshua down.

The interesting thing would be what tactics does AJ use? Does he try get home advantage and run away all night or try and get fury out of there? Surely it has to be the latter as Joshua just isn't on Furys level in terms of skill and natural ability.

Twentyman likes this.
  13. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    I agree with all that. I think he would definitely have to get Fury out of there, Fury has the ring IQ and mobility to close the ring off so Joshua’s tactics that he used against Ruiz in the second fight wouldn’t work. Thing is, we’ve seen an evolution of style from Joshua too since Klitschko. He was definitely more cautious against Takam, Parker, Povetkin & Ruiz, only stopping one of them legitimately. This idea that Joshua still goes out and blows opponents away hasn’t been seen for quite a while.

14. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Is it a Fury Usyk final?

im sparticus likes this.
  15. Eggman

Eggman "The cream of the crop! Nobody does it better! Full Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Fury 100-90 (Usyk corner pulls him out before the 11th)