Mess-about Heavyweight tournament

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Twentyman, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Then again Ruiz and Parker arguably have the best chinns in the divisons and AJ has been the first person to stop a very tough Povetkin. AJ has beaten the toughest chinn and most durable opponents in the division. The highest rated opponents out there now are fighters with suspect jaws in Fury and Wilder and AJ has already previously KO'ed Whyte. If AJ was to fights these three, I see AJ fighting in much more aggressive style rather than fight a morw tehcnical and cautious style that he has done against the durable opponents. I expect AJ to fight in this aggressive manor against Pulev.

I think AJ's two biggest threats are two of fighters in the divison that are technically gifted, with good movement and neither fighter has been dropped so far their careers in Usyk and Hunter.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
  2. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Sorry I’ve been late announcing this, been very distracted.

Right...Usyk was overwhelming favourite to do a number on Parker, mostly by points.

It was tight at first but Fury eventually pulled away to victory over fellow Brit, Anthony Joshua.

So the final, with both fighters, ref and judges have been tested and cleared of covid19, will be contested by...

Fury vs Usyk

im sparticus likes this.
  3. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    He hasn’t shown that aggressive style you elude to since Klitschko, bud. He’s been cautious, unless he’s managed to hurt an opponent of course, but what I mean is the days of him fighting on the front foot are gone (for time being). This is not to suggest he’s less of a fighter, if anything he’s more dangerous and meticulous. Fury on the other hand, has the skill, size and now the style to dominate his opponents. He’s not a one punch knockout artist, but he can hurt and stop any heavyweight in the division.

moog and Wizbit1013 like this.
  4. Mitch87

Jul 29, 2018
    I reckon we will see AJ fight on front foot again once now that his beaten the ganite chin opponents in the divison (which is understandable that he adapted his style to these opponents). I think we see AJ on front foot and aggressive against Pulev.

5. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    FINAL
    Going to stick my neck out and pick Usyk by close UD12. Usyk not susceptible to any of the mind games and his southpaw style and footwork causes Fury more problems than he causes Usyk.

Twentyman likes this.
  6. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    As Froch would say too big too strong. Fury would win. I love Usyk but he would be fighting a guy who is 3 stone heavier and is as good as him at boxing and can win at range or up close by rag dolling him. I actually think Fury would win without needing to get out of second gear.

Twentyman likes this.
  7. Mitch87

Jul 29, 2018
    Apart from being physically bigger I don't see what advantages Fury has over Usyk? Usyk has better movement, foot work, judging distances, smarter ring IQ, faster puncher, the better jab of the two and arugbably the harder puncher of the two despite the size difference.

Usyk movement is too good, Fury would be chasing shadows all fight. Fury wont be able to land his flick out jab and wont be able to close the distance, hold onto and put his weight onto him. During this i see Usyk moving in and out, constantly throughout the 12 rounds picking Fury apart. A one sided points win or a late stoppage win by Usyk.

8. mgmark7

mgmark7 Active Member Full Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Fury is just too good and too big for Usyk. Will be an interesting fight but I feel Fury will wear Usyk down.

moog likes this.
  9. Eggman

Eggman "The cream of the crop! Nobody does it better! Full Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Fury would beat Usyk standing on his head.

a fully focused, everything on the line, clean living fury is unbeatable.

would only give aj a chance.

that is my genuine opinion

moog likes this.
  10. Phil Jenson

Phil Jenson New Member Full Member

Apr 7, 2020

hunter pts
    uysk pts
    wilder ko
    povetkin ko
    fury pts
    joshua ko
    hrgovic ko

11. Phil Jenson

Phil Jenson New Member Full Member

Apr 7, 2020

course he would lol, it would be far harder, after 6 fury would have to go after uysk as he realises he being outboxed ala cunnigham, wallin scenario not easy for fury

12. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    FINAL
    Usyk beats Fury in points

Usyk has better movement, superior hand speed. So long as his whiskers stood up to the best Fury could bring. He would be a favourite to win a decision.

13. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Slightly late entry lol

Welcome to the forum bud