Mia just Strangled Askren

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by shanemfr, Oct 26, 2019.

1. POTUS

POTUS Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 26, 2016
    He's damaged goods fragile now.

He should take a year or two off if he doesn't have bills to pay

2. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Yeah 6 months or so off. Then a soft touch before trying a big name again. Dhiego Lima(Douglas Limas brother) would be a good opponent for him next time out.

POTUS likes this.
  3. POTUS

POTUS Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 26, 2016
    Askren-Perry would be fun too or Askren-Kevin Lee lol.

4. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Kevin Lee dropped down to LW again. How long is Perry out for? That nose looked horrible. Yeah that fight goes one of two ways. Either Perry flattens Askren early or gets taken down and dominated.

POTUS likes this.
  5. shanemfr

shanemfr Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 29, 2004
    The ease Maia was able to reverse Askren showed he also had a massive strength advantage, Ben could possibly drop to LW but he would get his head put into the 3rd row by guys like Gaethje etc

Angler Andrew likes this.
  6. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Lol whenever I think of wrestling My mind always conjures up images of Askren and Sonnen in leotards and funny ear muffs.Not a good look is it?
    Khabib has somehow made his version of sambo,wrestling and mauling glamorous but Askren man has always been awful to watch.
    It does seem that MMA has evolved so much that being good at one thing doesn’t cut it anymore.Im thinking of Wonderboy with his high kicks,McGregor with his striking and Askren with his wrestling?
    Something very satisfying seeing guys like Michael Page and Ben Askren get humbled.

DONT B SCARED and Malph like this.
  7. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Ain't you the idiot that said Askren was the best?

DONT B SCARED likes this.
  8. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Lol having now see the fight it looked like they were fighting under water or something?Has he always been that slow or has Lawler and Masvidal ruined him?He was so bad and so slow it made me think I could beat him after a few pints lol.

DONT B SCARED likes this.
  9. Big George

Big George Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 16, 2011
    I don't think Ben belongs in the UFC... The Dan Severn years are over and Ben can't box..

10. Big George

Big George Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 16, 2011
    To hell with BumBen. He's done. He even got his ass-whooped by Lawler when he won. I think he's 0-2 in the UFC. Bottomline is I'm taking Nate over Jorge.....