Michael Grant is back...

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Illmatic, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Illmatic

Illmatic Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    fighting 6/27/07 against Billy Zumbrun. Grant is a guy I always had a little soft spot for and I hope he can work his way back, b/c he has all the skills to get it done, but must shore up the D since his chin is flaky.

2. Cachibatches

Cachibatches Boxing Junkie banned

Nov 12, 2006
    I am predicting a Zubrun upset right here and now.

3. psychopath

psychopath D' "X" Factor Full Member

Mar 13, 2007
    He's not a bad fighter at all, but not a top notch either.

Good luck to him. :yep

4. Artani

Artani Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Lennox Lewis destroyts his cariere. He beat him badly.

5. DamonD

DamonD Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 19, 2004
    If Grant can recapture any of his 90s form, he'll break Zumbrun apart for the mid-round TKO. If it's more like his post-Lewis self, more like a fairly humdrum points win.

Zumbrun could spring an upset, but the Bowe fight flatters to deceive I think. He was stymied by Very Big Daddy's half-speed jab alone.

Grant's a nice guy, and apparently saved his cash well. Hope he doesn't get his block knocked off again. The last KD against Guinn was absolutely brutal, you'd never expect anyone to get up from that.

This content is protected

6. ApatheticLeader

ApatheticLeader is bringing ***y back. Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Best of luck to Grant - he's one of very few fighters I'm genuinely a fan of.

7. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Hes a nice humble guy. Unfortunately he has no chance of achieving anything even in the current limited scene. I dont think even the tomato can express can save him

8. unitas

unitas Boxing Addict Full Member

May 12, 2007
    what turned me off was the way this guy was hyped. didn t ring magazine once have a title that read: "Can he grant his trainers wish........and become the greatest fighter of all time?".

that was just a joke.

9. DamonD

DamonD Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Don Turner hyped Grant up big-time. HBO and The Ring (to a lesser extent) bit, but it was Turner really turning the praise up to 11.

10. Heavyrighthand

Heavyrighthand Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 29, 2005
    He's not that old, yet, so maybe he can improve enough to make a splash. He certainly has the size, and always seemed to take his condtioning very seriously, as well.

11. Bigcat

Bigcat Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 10, 2006
    Grant would have been ok had his initial comeback from LL been straight foreward.. it just addedd insult to injury..

but those are the breaks..

Dominick just picked up the pieces......

12. The Italarican

The Italarican Pretty Good Poster Full Member

Jul 16, 2005
    I just watched Lewis-Grant last night for the first time since 2000, and I was amazed at how sloppy Grant's punches looked even before he got rocked the first time. Was this nerves or did he never look as sharp as I thought he was at one point?

13. Club Fighter

Club Fighter Boxing Addict banned

Oct 12, 2005
    The man is built like an Adonis but just does not possess the mentality and tenacity to be an effective prizefighter. He's got absolutely no chance in the heavyweight division, a division in which the belts seemingly change hands every other fight. Unfortunately, at this point I believe even the newly retired bum-of-all-bums, Shannon Briggs, can tame him. :-(

14. Illmatic

Illmatic Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    He got hyped up big by the ring b/c he lives near their offices.

15. doom bull

doom bull Certified Limb Boner Full Member

Oct 27, 2005
    I hope Teddy Atlas isn't training him againl.