Michael Hunter

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by iamthegreatest, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Richmondpete

Richmondpete Real fighters do road work Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Why do you have to be such a little ho?

2. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    I think it has deteriorated, but I don't know to what degree. It's hard to say. I haven't seen him badly hurt in any fight, but he has been down and buzzed slightly. Overall, that assessment would support the argument that he still has a good chin, considering he stands in front of opponents and slugs it out and hasn't been badly hurt in about 10 bouts. Saying that, that uppercut was fierce and we will only be able to gauge what sort of lasting damaging has occurred in his following bouts. It is very rare for such a punch not to leave some sort of damage, whether physical, psychological or both.

It was a straightforward enough question that I asked. You're an odd one.

3. Fuzzykat

Fuzzykat Member Full Member

Jun 18, 2019
    I'm not sold on Hunter yet. He was pretty good against Usyk. At the time, I just thought Usyk wasn't fighting well. Now, it seems Hunter had something to do with that. Looked good against Povetkin, especially in light of Povetkin beating Whyte.

Good tests would be Ortiz or Ruiz. I'd pick those guys over Hunter, but it could be interesting.

4. Philly161

Philly161 "Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless" banned Full Member

Oct 25, 2020
    Im a skeptic of hunter. Good boxer good footwork but lacks some of the speed to make it work for him. Weird posture at times too seems off balance which guys can use but again he doesn't have the speed to pull it off at hw. Doesn't seem like a big puncher from what I've seen and fwiw I had povetkin winning narrowly on my card and thought hunter being a younger american fighter helped him on the cards. I think hes an underdog against a lot of the ranked guys.

5. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    I find it hard to pin down what makes Hunter so effective, but the results speak for themselves. He reminds me a bit of a more herky jerky version of Bryant Jennings, not the fastest or most powerful guy on the block but just seems to put it all together on the night. Skills-wise he sometimes looks really sharp when throwing pull counters, combinations and the like, and at other times like a sloppy caveman from the Arthur Abraham school of punching. His timing and shot selection seem really good, and he seems able to repeatedly hit opponents with shots they're not expecting, which is perhaps the secret to his success. I can see why no one is too keen to get in the ring with him. Outside of Usyk I can't see anyone who'd have an easy night with him (and Usyk didn't have things all his own way).

6. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Ill take mike over ruiz or wilder