Michael Moorer vs Lennox Lewis

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by InMemoryofJakeLamotta, Dec 16, 2018.

1. lloydturnip

lloydturnip Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    Lewis by ko I think mid rnds but moorer could hit so it's possible he could KO Lewis.

2. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Posters denigrate Wlad's chin all the time!

3. InMemoryofJakeLamotta

InMemoryofJakeLamotta I have defeated the great Seamus Full Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I've actually heard you say good things about Ali's chin

4. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Why would I not, Ali had a top chin? I don't see the relevance of his inclusion in this discussion though?

5. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Lewsis would have sorted him out. Unfortunately Moorer, while skilled, didn't really have the mass or durability to hang with the true SHW breed of champions.

6. InMemoryofJakeLamotta

InMemoryofJakeLamotta I have defeated the great Seamus Full Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Me neither. I just like when McVey makes a post.

7. Xplosive

Xplosive Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 23, 2008
    This is an execution.

I'll go as far as to say that an aggressive Lewis ends Moorer in 1.

8. ETM

ETM I thought I did enough to win. Full Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Fighters that had something to lose didn't go out of their way to fight Lennox Lewis. If they didn't have to fight him they didn't. He was a rough nite. Even the great warrior Holyfield didn't fight Lewis till late 90s when he wanted to unify. Lennox did give them an excuse by losing to McCall.

I think Moorer may confuse Lewis a bit with the Lefthand stance and that nice right jab. His right hook was his best power punch. Lewis would have to be aware of that.

Eventually Lewis gets his right hand through and controls distance. Lewis stoppage around the 9th.

9. dawnofthedead

dawnofthedead Member Full Member

Nov 13, 2014
    Lewis called Moorer out after he defeated Holyfield but he said how he had to enjoy his title first & ran into George Foreman...
    I actually like Moorer, he was an excellent technical fighter with an awkward southpaw stance though he wasn't a natural heavyweight & that would be the deciding factor in this fight.
    I was never a fan of Lewis nor his style but i reckon he beats Moorer, who would have given him all the trouble he could handle until running into Lewis' big right hand, which was the sucker punch for a southpaw.

ETM and Ali Holmes like this.
  10. michael mullen

michael mullen Active Member Full Member

Oct 28, 2021
    If Lewis comes out in the first filled with **** and venom, like he did vs Ruddock, then Moorer wouldn't make it to the end of the 1st....Moorer lacked Ruddock's chin. If however, LL fights with that cautious, conservative mindset, then Moorer may at least make it to round 6. I personally don't think Lewis would be so cautious...instead he'd be like a hungry shark...seeing a chance to go home early...and he would at MM's expense.

Smokin Bert and Ali Holmes like this.
  11. Ali Holmes

Ali Holmes Active Member banned Full Member

Dec 23, 2021
    Lewis by highlight reel KO

michael mullen likes this.
  12. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Moorer was much better than given credit for. He would give Lewis some problems for a few rounds but I think Lewis would stop him in the second half of the fight.

ETM likes this.
  13. RulesMakeItInteresting

RulesMakeItInteresting Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 23, 2019
    Moorer was a very good fighter, but pre-Steward Lewis blows him out in 5, Steward LL in 7.

14. Tonto62

Tonto62 Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Lewis by ko.

15. mr. magoo

mr. magoo VIP Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I’d make Lewis a very heavy favorite. Moorer’s left wouldn’t be very effective against Lewis and we combine the components of his shaky chin and average defense he’d be an easy target