Michael Zerefa's Sparring Partner Died After Body Shot...

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Pakkuman, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Scott Fitzgerald

Scott Fitzgerald New Member Full Member

Nov 4, 2019
    People said Zefera was a bum, brook should be ashamed to fight him.

Respect to all boxers and RIP to Mr Ritchie.

This could effect zeferas momentum

Deew and wifly like this.
  2. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    He didn't weight drain anybody with the exception of JCC Jr. And with JCC Jr, Canelo was meeting him at a weight 10 lbs higher than he had ever fought before. JCC Jr who was a MW and was known for blowing up in weight to begin with, was probably in better condition having to make that 164.5 catchweight than he would have been if he didn't have to train to get in that kind of shape. Would have I rather seen it at 168 lbs instead of a catchweight between MW and SMW? Sure, and that would have required Canelo to move up two weight classes then drop back down to 160 to fight GGG which is dangerous himself. Granted he just did that with Kovalev. So look if you want to complain about Canelo weight draining somebody, you can complain about JCC Jr but he was moving up a lot of weight himself. And though I hate catchweights, it's more justifiable when you're moving up multiple weight classes.

As far as hydration clauses, you could argue it's unfair to a fighter moving up to allow the bigger fighter to rehydrate all he wants when he already has a huge size / weight advantage to begin with. The IBF and even the WBC have implemented rehydration limits for fighter safety. So if you're concerned about fighter safety, then it's hypocritical to complain about rehydration limits as those have been implemented for fighter safety. Besides we've seen the same kind of rehydration limits implemented when other fighters have moved up (Rigo vs Loma, M. Garcia vs Spence) so Canelo hasn't done anything out of the ordinary by having rehydration limits when he's moved up to fight Fielding and Kovalev. Remember, this is done by commissions for fighter safety, so if you're worried about that then I don't see how you can be against rehydration clauses. Limiting how much a fighter rehydrates, while I am personally not a fan of them, is not dangerous to fighters like catchweights are.

Judges on the payroll is your imagination. I get that some fans disagree with the scoring in his matches but there's no way anybody can prove that there was any funny business going on.

WBC protection? The same WBC that were giving him timetables and forced him to vacate the WBC belt?

Political protection? Where do you come up with this stuff? You're making **** up.

You must be refering to a claim made by Abel Sanchez that he was stacking his hand wraps. The handwraps were totally legal. Sanchez was the boy who cried wolf, and got shot down immediately by the NSAC.

How does something get swept under the rug when it was over the news, resulted in a suspension and a cancellation of the GGG rematch? Not only that, but what he tested positive for wouldn't even be a penalty under the new thresholds for clenbuterol.

Now that I put your silly claims to rest, the question I have for you is what does any of these claims have to do with a sparring partner dying?

For you to bring up Canelo and DLH for something completely unrelated to them makes no sense. Even if your claims about Canelo had any validity to them, which they don't, it still would have zero to do with a sparring partner dying from a body shot.

KO KIDD, maac and ndthentherewasx like this.
  3. ellerbe

ellerbe It’s a Tank world Full Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Are you actually ******ed? A man died, and your first reaction is to **** on Wilder and his fans? Go play in traffic ******.

Pimp C, gogeta, greenhornet and 2 others like this.
  4. UniversalPart

UniversalPart Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2010
    The bodyshot is irreleveant. That is the strawman argument you are using here.

The wider and more pertinent issue here is that boxing is inherently dangerous and for one opponent to try and get an underhanded advantage over the other shows pre-medidated and unlawful intent to hurt the other opponent without their being aware of the trap they are walking into.

Why does this blatantly obvious point seem to have passed you by? I understand you're obviosly on the Canelo bandwagon but what will it take for you fanboys to finally wake up and realise just how dangerous these actions from him and his team are? Will it take for him to finally kill someone before you finally wake up from your Canelo fanboy coma?

5. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Yeah surely it has to be

elbonzoseco likes this.
  6. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    My first thought was that it is horrible. Then I thought about Wilder because he’s been saying this and people defend it. Is it really so shocking to you that one would think about Wilder when a man has died in the ring when Wilder’s comments are exactly about this? Stop with the fake shock. It’s one of the first things that will come to people’s mind.

By the way, now you are getting on your high horse? Get the **** out of here hypocrite, I’m not the one vehemently defending the man saying he wants to do this to other fighters. I’m condemning it. Don’t try to turn it around on me now. Stick with your bull**** and stop flip flopping.

7. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    The bodyshot is irrelevant? That's what this topic is about. This topic is not about crying about Canelo, there's plenty of topics for that. You're calling literally what this topic is about "a strawman argument".

First of all your claims are not accurate. And again, rehydration clauses are done for fighter safety. If you are worried about fighters getting hurt, this is the hurt business, so to your original point, which I agree with, you don't play boxing. The sport itself is dangerous.

Fighters trying to gain advantages at the negotiating table are nothing new, but compared to most, Canelo has not done the sort of things that other fighters have done to him. For example, for Mayweather to demand he fight him at a catchweight of 152, that's far worse than anything Canelo has done to other fighters. You want to talk about examples of fighters making fighter's unhealthy, look what Cotto did to Geale. That's worthy of condemnation. Lets make one thing clear : I am totally against making fighter's weak and unhealthy through unethical negotiating tactics. You trying to argue Canelo or his team has done that when he hasn't, and tried to act like that's related to a fighter dying from a body shot in sparring is patently absurd.

Your main point I don't disagree with, where I disagree is where you have falsely alleged that Canelo or his team have used these kinds of tactics, to weaken his opponent or give himself unfair advantages.

You saying he has doesn't make it true. Canelo fought Kovalev at the full 175. Yes there was a rehydration clause, and that's not being unfair to Kovalev whatsoever. As you know, there's an inherent danger to moving up multiple weight classes and taking on big punchers.

8. Babality

Dec 6, 2008
    Lol at obsessed. A thread was made about Wilder’s comments recently, if not today. Course it crossed my mind dumbass. You act like it’s not even remotely related or was said 100 years ago. Thought you’d be happy considering how passionately you defend that classless idiot.

9. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    A man dying in sparring has nothing to do with any other fighter. But let's pretend it does through your insane mentally challenged logic

Why are you not linking this death to Logan Paul, who explicitly said he wants to kill KSI?

And why are you not bringing up Tyson Fury removing padding from his gloves when sparring which has more relevance than Wilder telling fury that he understands why he doesn't want to fight him

You're a moron and you're going to lose this argument because you have no rational to linking a man dying in sparring to the latest comments Wilder made.

You seem to think that the man wouldn't have died if other boxers didn't speak about killing :lol:

10. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    I’d of thought there was some underlying problem that just wasn’t known about.
    Just a very tragic situation.

Somali Sanil and Eel87 like this.
  11. Babality

Dec 6, 2008
    You are right. A man dying in boxing sparring has absolutely nothing to do with Wilder the tennis player’s comment.

12. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    So why mention his Wilder and his supporters in this thread and say they will be elated with this news?

You also said Wilder has been saying this.

When did Wilder say he wants to or is planning to kill someone in sparring?

You should make an apology for your comments because they're far more disgusting and disrespectful than anything Wilder has ever said

This thread should be entirely be focused on tributes to Michael Zeratas, rather than using his tragedy to score brownie points against a fighter who you hold an irrational hatred towards

13. JOSEY WALES

JOSEY WALES Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 27, 2006
    An amazing amount of disrespect being shown here in this thread , some of you drop kicks should be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves, a young lad trying to earn a few quid in the pros has lost his young life here and all some can do is sling sh ite at each other......Rest in Peace Young man , condolences to your loved ones .

beewood, Eel87, lewis gassed and 2 others like this.
  14. aaalbert

aaalbert Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 15, 2015
    Let’s just have a moment of silence for this young man and his family. No need to argue or bring up things unrelated to this.

ellerbe likes this.
  15. ellerbe

ellerbe It’s a Tank world Full Member

Jul 25, 2014
    You are literal scum. You don't give a **** about this man, you just used his death to try and criticize a person you don't like. **** off you piece of ****.

Pimp C, MrFoFody, gogeta and 2 others like this.