Micheal Hunter

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Paul Williamson, Nov 25, 2018.

1. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    He's a much better fighter than those two. He may not prove to have the toughness that Breazeale has at HW but technically he is better.

He put in a decent showing against Usyk, although probably should have been stopped in the 12th. No shame in that, mind.

2. dellboi94

dellboi94 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 3, 2013
    I'd actually like him to go back down to cruiserweight.

Greg Price99 likes this.
  3. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Just put on a clinic vs Kuzmin. He’s very, very good. No shame in Bakole losing to him.

Put him in with Whyte next and end the juiced up fraud.

4. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hunter wants Povetkin next on the undercard of AJ Ruiz 2.

5. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Hunter looking very good and inadvertently underlining for us just how elite Usyk is.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    Twentyman, Papa_Bear, Mitch87 and 4 others like this.
  6. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Hughie 'The Skirt' Fury a keen observer last night keeping himself up to date with the latest skirt fashion in the Hardy v Serrano fight.

Jobo1878, NasalSpray and Smudge_ like this.
  7. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Bakole nearly took him out a few times and was ridiculed on here for losing what was a very dangerous fight.

Would be good to see the rematch

Papa_Bear and Potwash like this.
  8. GTFUP

GTFUP Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2015
    Bakole is way too slow to cope and personally I think Hunter is a better fighter now with a bit more experience. Chisora would be a good fight to watch and great learning curve for him. Mind you it would have to be top of the bill or................

Scissors likes this.
  9. billy nelson

billy nelson the fighting scots gym Full Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Martin shouldn’t have been in the ring that night because of personal issues he kept to himself
    However, if he was asked to name a fighter he want to fight its Micheal, Hunters team know Martin never performed that night and his management team asked me to sign him

10. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    It’s commendable you stand by your fighter but Hunter is no mug. You always mention the problems Bakole had which is fair enough but I’m not sure 100% Bakole defeats 100% Hunter. Same goes for a lot of heavyweights out there. Whyte, Povetkin, Chisora, Parker, Joyce, even Joshua, they all seem tailor made for Hunter IMO

CutThroatFade likes this.
  11. GTFUP

GTFUP Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2015
    Fair enough I appreciate things can go on behind the scenes but still think Hunter is the wrong style for Martin. What’s he up to now?

12. billy nelson

billy nelson the fighting scots gym Full Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Everyone is entitled to there opinion and I respect that I do
    But I’m telling you all Martin is a very very special fighter

13. NasalSpray

NasalSpray Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Parker beats Hunter, so does Joyce. The rest I would agree with you.

14. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    This is one of the worst observations I’ve seen in this forum for a long time. Hunter is levels above these two puddings. Last night he 12-0’d Kuzmin who is slow and plodding but is dangerous and is not a bad boxer. He also floored Kuzmin hard which demonstrates he has decent power. Hunter’s control of the range, his combination punching and his movement was absolutely sublime. He’s absolutely nothing like Breazeale or Molina.

Arguably his most crucial asset is his chin. He’s now taken flush punches from Bakole and Kuzmin and hasn’t even been moved.

emallini, Wizbit1013 and Mitch87 like this.
  15. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    The reason why he looks “flabby” is because unlike the majority of HWs and fighters who jump weight classes, he has clearly done it without taking anabolic steroids. It’s the most natural looking weight jump you will ever see in this sport.

And his conditioning over 12 was fantastic last night. Seemed to tire a little in the 9th but came on strong in the final rounds. He paced himself very well and completely schooled Kuzmin over 12, made him look like a novice Dave Allen type.

pow likes this.