Micheal Hunter

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Paul Williamson, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Smudge_

Smudge_ Teak tough Full Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Becoming a fan of Hunter more and more. I don't think any other heavyweight would have an easy night with him, with the exception of Fury maybe. A lot of the other heavyweights just aren't equipped to deal with speed and movement. If that was Joshua vs. Hunter on 1st June there's every chance Joshua would've lost to him too IMO. Hunter might lose to some of the top contenders, but he's capable of beating some of them as well.

velagod, Accurate, EJC83 and 2 others like this.
  2. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Agreed only Heavyweights I would comprehensively back to beat him are Fury and Wilder and probably Usyk because I can’t see how it wouldn’t be a re-run or their CW fight unless Usyk turns out to be glass chinned at HW.

3. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    I don’t dispute it mate but I’ve seen you defend Bakole and his performance at least 20 times on here but not once have you gave Hunter praise.

Do you think Hunter is a top fighter? How do you think he does against other top 10 contenders?

4. billy nelson

billy nelson the fighting scots gym Full Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Apparently you’ve not read everything I’ve posted, indeed I did praise Micheal on his performance, of coarse he’s a very good fighter but under no circumstances did I think he’d beat Martin in there fight, however things happen outwith ny control and we lost to the better man on the night

im sparticus and Scissors like this.
  5. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I think the heavyweight division we have at the moment emphasises the old boxing cliché ‘styles make fights’. For every heavyweight, there’s another heavyweight (who might not even be a universally recognised top 10 fighter) with the style to beat them.

Accurate, EJC83, Scissors and 2 others like this.
  6. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Another very impressive peformance from Hunter. Hunter certainly the most well rounded and talented American HW compared to the likes of Brezeale, Molina, Washington, Martin, Wilder, Bryan, Jennings and Miller level types who are limited.

I am looking forward to this possible Hunter vs Povetkin fight.

7. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    There were spells during the Bakole fight where I though Hunter was about to go - watch it again mate.

A rematch would be a cracking fight and I give big Bakole a good chance.

8. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Oh no doubt mate, I’m aware of that, I pointed that out in the RBR last night actually. Without doubt there were moments in that fight where Hunter looked like he’d fold. He’s very resilient which adds to the threat he poses.

9. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    I think he is a very good fighter mate and hopefully we get the rematch.

CutThroatFade likes this.
  10. Smudge_

Smudge_ Teak tough Full Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I'm sure @billy nelson will disagree, but if the rematch happens, which I'd be well on board with, then I think Hunter stops him again, and even earlier next time would be my prediction. Hunter seems to be improving fight by fight and when has Bakole ever looked any good? Apart from in sparring, obviously which is where he looks deadly apparently. Hunter probably already has him mentally beat anyway.

Scissors likes this.
  11. billy nelson

billy nelson the fighting scots gym Full Member

Jan 9, 2009
    You think Micheal has him mentally beat yet it’s the one fight Martin want, hardly showing the signs of a broken man.
    Micheal knows Martin is very good his management team ask me to sign him on a deal

12. Accurate

Accurate Jump back, wanna kiss myself! Full Member

May 3, 2018
    Probably the best fight he can take then if he is confident of winning. Put the wrong right. I for one would definitely like to see the rematch.

13. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    With respect to Bakole, I don’t think it’s a fight Hunter needs right now, he’s potentially one more big win from a title shot . Bakole has his own journey now were he can put a string of wins together and build his profile on sky cards. Maybe they’ll meet again but I imagine that’s a couple of years off or more.

Furious likes this.
  14. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Has Martin sparred with Usyk at any point?

15. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Hunter is resilient, and mentally tough, I give him that. But he is a cruiserweight trying to fight like a HW in going toe-to-toe with bigger men.

He uses non of the talents or attributes a cruiser should be using at HW. Just chooses his macho bravado to stand infront of the bigger men as if to prove a point about his toughness...?

He is an accident waiting to happen. Whyte would wreck him, and turn him into a bounty smoothie.