MICK HENNESSY SPEAKS - 'Tyson Fury leaving hurt the most'

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by pow, Nov 14, 2019.

1. moog

moog Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Unfortunately there is no money in boxing promotion unless you have a lucrative tv deal. The best role is mansger, guaranteed a nice % for not a massive amount of work. Look at trainers they get paid less than managers and their the ones working day in day out with fighters. I think they deserve a higher percentage and managers less.

Jurgen likes this.
  2. mcguirpa

mcguirpa Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 15, 2009
    It was the Abraham fight that did it. Should have been in the UK, but it turns out Mick only had a 'gentleman's agreement' so it ended up in Helsinki. Carl must have been really pissed.

In fairness he should have been a national superstar after Taylor fight, but Mick couldn't do it for him.

3. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Mick produced the goods tonight yet again with another cracking fight live on Channel 5 - he does stick on some very good fights on TV.

EJC83, pow and Twentyman like this.
  4. rezzer

rezzer Active Member Full Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Its typical of Mick and the way hes perceived that even though he was the promoter, he had the cameraman stood in front of him blocking his view.

5. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    To be fair Mick also blocked the view of the entire section sitting behind him

rezzer and EJC83 like this.
  6. notjustacasual

notjustacasual Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jun 3, 2019
    I heard a "rumour" that Tyson Fury funded part of the Hughie vs Parker fight and wasn't paid back either on time or in full which is what caused the rift.

But that doesn't make sense because Fury doesn't care about money remember, he's about family and loyalty and I'm sure he'd be understanding that it couldnt be helped that "shades" was robbed.

TheRevAshton likes this.