mick roberts jr, whats the point?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by boxingcrazy, Jun 27, 2016.

1. magindo1980

magindo1980 Member Full Member

Jun 27, 2016
    And btw in no one for slagging boxers never have done ..earlier was mainly wind ups etc but i do no for a fact as does anyone with a brain that fights are not always easy to make and its a short career theyr in it to make money and is there a harder trade to make money in and also stay safe ..100% its all about making the right decisions at the right time and being ready to take any good opportunities at short notice it they are ideal

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

2. boxingcrazy

boxingcrazy Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 3, 2010
    so when you slag off another fighter it is only a wind up:huh:huh

i agree that boxing is a short career and that making money is definitely a big part of that but wouldnt you agree that the fact mick jr is at the lower weights where the norm is that you start declining around your early thirties that he is playing a dangerous game that when he actually does step up it might be too late?:good

you will also be glad to know that you have converted me to a fan of mick jr:good:good

3. B.A.S.

B.A.S. Active Member Full Member

Feb 24, 2012
    He's been a professional for 6 years and you're still saying when his chance comes.

Can you not see why people are ridiculing his record? Fair enough, fighters are let down but this is part and parcel with pro boxing and certainly isn't exclusive to Roberts Jr.

4. Jamie2011

Jamie2011 Member Full Member

Nov 6, 2011
    wow, this guy is special, Micheal is like a year younger than Ronnie exact same amount of fights lol. Ronnie would sell that amount of tickets off the back of Ricky burns also. Has Micheal ever sold 250 tickets for a fight an hour away on a small hall show? Consistently selling over 100 on away shows? 500 plus on home shows. Ronnie doesn't get paid well. Bang on. But one thing he can hold his head up high for is he is not willing to rip his fans off. A defeat? So what ha. We don't give a sheet. As long as he's in good fights and fighting top domestic opponents and doing our city proud with little backing all we can ask for. Turned over about 26 ,27 year old with 5 intermediate fights and 1 elite against a very highly decorated amateur in Micheal Jamieson and a weird one against Charlie Flynn. Fighting 3 u defeated fighters in his first 10. Troy James, Craig Evans, and maxi Hughes all either fought or fighting for a British title! Ryan Walsh who will go on to winning a world title and Anthony Cacace who in my opinion giving the right guidance and attitude can go on and do anything in the sport... He is way above British and beats everyone barring Walsh.... Steven smith included . Insult all you like... Ronnie is/was a kickboxer who fought in Spain, France, New York, Dublin, Portugal to name a few. Amateur and pro world champion at Scottish, Celtic, British, European and world level . Crack on ;)

5. magindo1980

magindo1980 Member Full Member

Jun 27, 2016
    Ur fullae that Dundee proper int ye ....
    ****in roaster

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

6. boxingcrazy

boxingcrazy Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 3, 2010
    wow really insightful post again from you:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:patsch:good

7. blueseaofibrox

blueseaofibrox Member Full Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Ronnie Clark wouldn't last 5 rounds with Smith you absoulute fool lol
    Tell the truth about his kick boxing, he never fought for a genuine world title it was some micky mouse world title same has scott allan

8. Jamie2011

Nov 6, 2011
    Clearly an idiot and can't read. Get your big finger out and read it again. Yeah mate Micky mouse. WKA is the leading org haha

9. blueseaofibrox

blueseaofibrox Member Full Member

Oct 14, 2015
    But he's a poor pro boxer, border Area level, for Daviedee to say he'd beat Stephen Smith is a complete joke, get of the smack up there and stop taking photos of yourselves

10. Jamie2011

Nov 6, 2011
    You make no sense mate. Stephen smith hasn't set the world alight exactly and struggled against a journeymen. Stopped by the weakest world champion and was lucky against Simpson. He beat Gary buckland who in hindsight is very much limited also and was beaten by Dodd convincingly . Would smith be favourite? Course he would. Only Liam Walsh is levels above domestic at moment. Rest are evenly matched

11. TERRYTIBBS

TERRYTIBBS Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jun 11, 2013
    Ronnie could give Stephen Smith nighmares If i am honest.

12. maley

maley Guest

From wat I saw of the troy james fight for ronnie. I'd say smith wins wide points against Ronnie with ronnie having some good spells in it tho. He he wud have to stop smith.

13. TERRYTIBBS

TERRYTIBBS Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jun 11, 2013

I am basing it on Clarke v Cacace

14. maley

maley Guest

Haven't got round to watching that yet. Just think smith wud b to slick and clever.

15. Solaris

Solaris Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Nov 7, 2009
    It's hilarious watching the Scottish fans argue about their fighters. It's like choosing between Poundland and Poundworld. The fact is they're all ****.