Mickey Bey tells story about Beterbiev's power

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by tinman, May 13, 2022.

1. senpai

senpai Boxing Addict Full Member

May 18, 2021
    Because of this
    This content is protected

Media still hype him and I want to end his hype with Beterbievs power

2. Dangerwood84

Dangerwood84 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Absolutely and that could be his saving grace if and when he gets these big fights, as the clock ticks. For all we know, he could still be fighting 'within' himself in some of these performances where he hasn't looked that great lately. I feel like the 'Gvozdyk' fight was the only fight where he probably thought to himself, "I have to be at my best here' and we all saw what happened.

anjawnaymiz and Banana-Rama like this.
  3. Dangerwood84

Sep 21, 2017
    Mickey Bey keeps it real unlike so many of his counterparts.

Banana-Rama and The G-Man like this.
  4. Dangerwood84

Sep 21, 2017
    I feel the same way actually more so than any other fighter in history in terms of turning pro sooner. I think pro boxing has lost an absolute mountain of highlight real ko's because he turned pro later on and of course he would have been a huge long reigning mainstream superstar. I have seen a lot come and go and Beterbiev is the one that could have brought so much more to pro boxing than anybody else.

Banana-Rama and Serge like this.
  5. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Same here. He fought up at HW for the last two years of his amateur career and, even though he was giving away a lot of weight and LHW was his natural weight and the one where he was at his most destructive, he stopped quite a lot of his victims up there too. Had he turned pro earlier he would definitely achieved a lot more and ruled the LHW division.

Banana-Rama and Dangerwood84 like this.
  6. exocet76

exocet76 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Canelo doesn't want that smole....not until Beterbiev is old enough to get a free bus pass. I like Bicol and Beterbiev they both seem like humble men who are all about the boxing. You can't ask for more as a fan really.