Mike Tyson: The most overrated of all time

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Check_Hook, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Check_Hook

Check_Hook Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 23, 2010
    It is opinion yes, But SRR #7, Thats where your opinion credibility goes

2. Boxing Fanatic

Boxing Fanatic VIP Member banned

Sep 16, 2008
    one of the only guys I would fear getting in the ring with, honestly

3. BlackBrenny

BlackBrenny Guest

:lol::lol::lol: yeah mate if you dont find me credible then I dont know what to do :lol::rofl:rofl:nut

4. Check_Hook

Check_Hook Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 23, 2010
    He outboxed Duran, Benitez(undefeated).
    He stopped Hearns(undefeated).
    He got a close decision after being retired for 5 years in his come back fight against the undisputed MW champion of the world

5. BlackBrenny

BlackBrenny Guest

I find it to be an illegitmate comparison

6. paulfv

paulfv Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 7, 2007
    The thread starter and Kwijibo have no idea what they're talking about.

This thread is a joke.

I've been watching boxing for more than 25 years. The closest thing there has been to Tyson in that time frame, from an ability and raw talent perspective, is Roy Jones, Jr. And even Roy wasn't at Tyson's level, though he probably had more natural athletic talent.

After D'Amato, Jacobs, Rooney (and even Cayton) were out of Tyson's life, his prime was over. That was in 1989.

Even given that, the version of Buster Douglas that beat Mike Tyson could have competed against, and beaten, just about any heavyweight in history. And Tyson still dropped Douglas in that fight. But it took that level of a guy to take down a slipping Tyson.

Many of the people writing in this thread simply have no grip on the history around this topic. I would keep that in mind when you read this stuff.

7. BlackBrenny

BlackBrenny Guest

quite right

8. Peppermint

Peppermint Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2010
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzr2_qEc0Ss[/ame]

Just for fun heres a little flashback to 2006. cant believe I actually paid for that! fact is, Tyson in his prime was a monster and in no way overratted. Mid 90s Tyson to the 00s was an entertainer and knew how to sell tickets and as a result kept people interested in the heavyweight division..

9. Salty Dog

Salty Dog My name is Buck and I'm here to... Full Member

Sep 5, 2008

No. Because they have no concept of historic relevance. I ask you directly and without subterfuge: what response do you intend to elict w/this impertinance? What is your agenda? Be a man and declare yourself...

10. Salty Dog

Salty Dog My name is Buck and I'm here to... Full Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Yeah. That's what I thought...end thread...

11. geppy

geppy Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    People act like David Haye is a great fighter. Tyson would knock his glass chin, missing balls, havent fought anyone, cherry picker, ducking ***gots ass out in less than one round.

But I know Haye would avoid the fight. He is afraid of the Klitschkos, I can't imagine the lengths Haye would do to avoid Tyson.

12. geppy

geppy Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Tyson could slap David Haye with his dick and Haye would go down. Hayes chin is complete garbage ( and he knows it ,since the Mock fight ), he is full of **** and Haye is afraid to fight anyone.

13. MAG1965

MAG1965 VIP Member banned

Dec 1, 2008
    not overrated. Mike just had a short prime because of his style. Nowadays Mike is underrated. The prime Mike Tyson could have beaten anyone.

14. slugger3000

slugger3000 You Mad Bro? Full Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Mike used to be the **** in the 80's but after he got out of prison he became an over-rated fighter!

15. slugger3000

slugger3000 You Mad Bro? Full Member

Jul 19, 2010
    :lol::lol: anyone?? ali, frazier etc..? :rofl