Mike Tyson v Tommy Morrison 1995

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Stevie G, May 3, 2012.

1. Stevie G

Stevie G Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Tyson takes on Morrison instead of Buster Mathis jr ??

2. JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Ooh crap this is a dangerous fight for a rusty Tyson. A case of who lands first, & seeing how much he missed against Mathis it's a toss up.

Although Morrisons easier to hit than Mathis. Tommys best chance here is to go right after Tyson & try to land the big one, but would probably get caught coming in.

2nd round K.O for Tyson in a wild brawl.

3. Tin Man Waldo

Tin Man Waldo Freakishly Fragile Full Member

May 19, 2011
    mike tyson ko1

d glass jaw ov tommy morrison n sluggering stlyle d ko his glass jaw wen he trade wid tyson

4. The Mongoose

The Mongoose I honor my bets banned

Aug 13, 2009
    Is it Tommy Gunn Week or something? Did Rock V get a cable showing?

Mathis JR is slick, the Duke is not.

Tyson bombs the Duke out, not unlike the second Bruno fight. Probably quicker.

walker smith likes this.
  5. Bummy Davis

Bummy Davis Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Tyson gets to him and faster than Mercer

walker smith likes this.
  6. Species5618

Species5618 New Member Full Member

Feb 11, 2012
    Really exciting fight. 1995 Tyson would probably KOed Tommy early. Would've been fun whilst it lasted.

walker smith likes this.
  7. Azzer85

Azzer85 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Mathis was a bit of a defensive slickster, Morrison is anything but, Tyson could still take a punch, i dont think Morrison can.

There is a chance, that Morrison catches Tyson early in the first round and surprises everyone. The reason i say this, Tyson has been caught rushing in in the first round against Tucker, Bruno etc Morrison is a big puncher, so he could hurt Tyson and early, whether he can finish is another thing.

I see a couple of tough early rounds for Tyson, once Tyson gets into his groove, Morrison is going to sleep.

This will probably be one of the few fights were Tyson gets stronger as the fight goes on, Morrisons stamina wasnt all that.

8. Stevie G

Jul 17, 2009
    I concur that Tyson would be a heavy favourite here. Morrison's best shot would be to stun 'Rusty Iron' Mike quickly,and cause him to get flustered.

walker smith likes this.
  9. Threetime no1

Threetime no1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Easy to see Tommy stunning a rusty Tyson early but anytime from round 1 to 5 he'll be on his back.

walker smith likes this.
  10. Stevie G

Jul 17, 2009
    True. Would have been more entertaining than McNeeley or Mathis though.

walker smith likes this.
  11. hookfromhell

hookfromhell Well-Known Member Full Member

May 5, 2011
    Tyson KO2. Morrison could definitely back up or stun Tyson with the left hook, but
    Tyson had an atg left hook as well, and more overall power and a better punch repertoire.
    Tyson had an atg chin, Morrison had a decent chin. Mike eats some bombs, but catches
    Tommy with Power shots and kidney busters. Classic brawl with two rounds of fireworks.

12. KOTF

KOTF Bingooo Full Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Morrison's head lands in the upper deck after this one

13. UncleDenny

UncleDenny New Member Full Member

Apr 3, 2012
    Tyson's chin is pretty tough and a lot better than Morrison's so I am pretty sure it would be a long shot for Morrison to knockout Mike. Also, Morrison is not a good enough boxer to get the decision so I am going to say the only shot that Morrison has is a trigger happy ref TKO stoppage similar to Razor Ruddock fight. Another very possible scenerio is Morrison freezing up like Seldon and getting demolished inside one or two rounds.

14. Xplosive

Xplosive Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Tyson in 1. 2 tops.

15. Threetime no1

Threetime no1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 29, 2010

Without a doubt mate, Morrison was at least a player in the division in '95 and had a lot more hunger than those two men.