Mike Tyson v Vitali Klitschko

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by ThePlugInBabies, Jul 25, 2007.

1. ThePlugInBabies

ThePlugInBabies ♪ ♫ Full Member

Jan 27, 2007
    prime tyson vs uhhhhh prime vitali (whenever that was). tyson in his prime was a wrecking ball, but vitali is one big tough, awkward *******.

who takes it?

2. shelterr

shelterr Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 7, 2006
    I'm not sure that Tyson could have KO'd Vitali (he absorbed many a great shot from Lewis and others) and the height and reach of Vitali would have caused Tyson some serious problems. Very close fight. i really have no idea.

3. ThePlugInBabies

ThePlugInBabies ♪ ♫ Full Member

Jan 27, 2007
    his chin is superb. i've said it before in the general forum, but if it was wlad on the end of the uppercut lewis hit vitali with in the 6th, he'd still be on the canvas now.

i could see vitali massively frustrating iron mike.

4. mbg660m

mbg660m New Member Full Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Vitali via disqualification in Round 6

5. mbg660m

mbg660m New Member Full Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Vitali via disqualification in Round 6

6. mr. magoo

mr. magoo VIP Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Although Tyson is the better of the two fighters in my opinion, the size difference, style, and chin of Vitali could be a problem for Mike. If nothing else, I'd predict this one to at least reach the scorecards.

7. Holmes' Jab

Holmes' Jab Master Jabber Full Member

Nov 20, 2006
    I think Tyson, by decision or late stoppage (on cuts). This would not be a cakewalk for him though, stylistically speaking. :good

8. ChrisPontius

ChrisPontius March 8th, 1971 Full Member

Oct 4, 2005
    If anyone is getting disqualified, it's Tyson.
    I think Tyson UD with the Vitali losing the early rounds but coming on strong late.

9. Holmes' Jab

Holmes' Jab Master Jabber Full Member

Nov 20, 2006
    Aye, fair assessment.

10. fists of fury

fists of fury Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 25, 2006
    Vitali could give Tyson quite a bit of trouble. That stand up, lean backward style of his would make it hard for Tyson to catch him consistently, and Vitali's chin would ensure that Tyson doesn't overwhelm him quickly or easily.

Tyson would need to bring a strong body attack with him, and hammer Klitschko's ribs. He'd also need to make sure that he's not tied up too much, or else frustration could set in.
    Klitschko for his part, would have to try and frustrate Mike and push out that big jab and tie him up close. Vitali has solid power, and he would have to
    make sure Mike feels it.

Vitali is good at everything but spectacular at nothing. Ultimately, I'm not sure if he could stop Tyson consistently enough from getting inside and landing big shots to the body, punctuated by some meaty head shots.
    I'd say Tyson UD, but it would be an interesting and fairly close fight all the way.

11. PowerPuncher

PowerPuncher VIP Member Full Member

Jul 22, 2004
    Tyson KO5, Vitalis defense isn't advanced enough to get out the way of Tysons attacks and Tyson would slip Vitalis punches before Vitali new he was throwing them.

Tyson would see Vitalis telegraphed shots and slip them with incredible ease. And once Vitalis made to miss a massive shot after shto will be landed.

Vitali backs up and leans back, which is fine when you face a fighter punching 1 punch at a time. Against 5-6 compact punches to the body and head will be landed flush and Vitali will be broken and wobbling sooner rather than later.

AND TO THOSE THAT SAY VITALIS TOO BIG - BRUNO 6'4 82 INCH REACH, HOLMES 6'3 82INCH REACH, BONECRUSHER SMITH 6'4, THOMAS 6'3 1/2, TUCKER 6'5, WILLIAMS 6'4, TUBBS 6'3, RUDDUCK 6'3, GOLOTA 6'4, SAVARESE 6'5

Yes Vitali is taller than them, but his reach isn't as long as some and he isn't as skilled a boxer. Tyson clearly did very well against bigger taller fighters

12. barneyrub

barneyrub Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 2, 2004
    vitali would win. Tyson would destroy wlad however.

13. dmt

dmt Hardest hitting hw ever Full Member

Jul 2, 2006
    vitaly is too big for anyone

14. mr. magoo

mr. magoo VIP Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Just like he was too big for a 38 year old Lennox Lewis, and a 6'0 tall Chris Byrd right?