Mike Tyson Vs. George Foreman

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by la-califa, Jun 29, 2007.

1. butler08

butler08 Active Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2008
    imo tyson ko frazier in 4 because i think he was clearly supierior however foreman ko tyson 5 - 8

2. MRBILL

MRBILL Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Crazy as it seems, I think the young version of George Foreman gets clocked and stopped by a peak Mike Tyson. The Foreman of the 70s only knew how to jab properly; everything else he threw was wide and telegraphed.. Dick & Sandy Sadler were lousy in their schooling of George Foreman, and they set George up with too many tomato cans & stiffs to feed on early on, in which George Foreman wasn't really learning anything...

George Foreman looked like crap in kayoing Jose Roman in Tokyo back in 1973. Roman was a bum, and Foreman threw the most amateurish punches I had ever seen a pro-fighter throw in that fight...

NOW! I think the older 40 to 42 year old George Foreman had more skills and began to have a real concept as to how to fight properly... The older Foreman might've gotten to Mike Tyson, since Tyson's willpower and psych was delicate as all hell... due to styles, the Foreman who fought Evander Holyfield in 1991, probably would've gotten to Mike Tyson... Tyson's will was NOWHERE near that of Holy's or Foreman's.....:nono

MR.BILL

EXTRA:

I can just see the 'Tyson' nuthuggers coming out of the woodwork in defense of their former moronic champion....:fire

Oddone likes this.
  3. MAG1965

MAG1965 VIP Member banned

Dec 1, 2008
    This is one of the best posts I have seen on this forum. Great job. :thumbsup:rasta

4. MAG1965

MAG1965 VIP Member banned

Dec 1, 2008
    Tyson was smart. I think Foreman would have beaten him. George was too strong and had the style to push him off and land uppercuts. The style was a bad one for Mike.

5. Russell

Russell VIP Member banned Full Member

Apr 1, 2007
    You think it'd be difficult for a fighter (Who's getting 20 million dollars for a fight, and that's ONLY his earnings, a small amount of the total money being made) would have a difficult time getting through a physical? :lol::lol::lol:

Come on fists, don't be naive. This is boxing.

How many years was Ali beginning to suffer from Parkinson's, and he still kept going on? Guy could have staged a comeback post 1980 like was talked about up until the middle 80's.

Money runs the world.

6. RockyJim

RockyJim Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Who ever gets really tagged....goes...

7. fists of fury

fists of fury Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 25, 2006
    :D Hey, what can I say?

8. heehoo

heehoo TIMEXICAH! Full Member

Feb 16, 2008
    In all the simulation games I have played, Tyson is TKO'd by Foreman in the third round. His power was too much for Tyson to handle. Not sure if that means anything, but that's the result I get and that is what I felt would have happened had they ever fought.

9. Permy

Permy Big Slick Full Member

Dec 8, 2008
    George was a monster in the ring he would kill Tyson

10. la-califa

la-califa Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 12, 2007
    Yes but two more key differences are, Frazier is much busier, always throwing punches, never letting down. Tyson would follow an opponent & throw combinations, but was nowhere as busy as Frazier. Also Fraziers constant movement, bobbing & weaving always throwing punches, made him a little more elusive target to hit than Mike. With Fraziers better defense. When punches would com in on Tyson he usually got caught by most. His best defense was a great offense.

11. sauhund II

sauhund II Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 8, 2008
    Dude....................that is one of the most uninformed posts of the decade, "when punches would come in on Tyson he usually got caught by most " , I almost feel sorry for you...............1425 posts don't equal knowledge.

White Bomber likes this.
  12. moneytheman12

moneytheman12 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Feb 4, 2021
    u troll

White Bomber likes this.
  13. Stevie G

Stevie G Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 17, 2009
    I miss this guy's posts. Very incisive. Even if I did n't always agree with his point at times,he put it over very well and he always made good reading.

14. JohnThomas1

JohnThomas1 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 27, 2005
    MDWC was awesome. I used to interact with him all the time. He was a fine poster and great fun. He loved his music and used to thrive on putting Pommie music over American. He certainly knew his music too.

15. White Bomber

White Bomber Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 31, 2021
    You base your opinion on some stupid game ?! o_O:duh
    That says it all :rolleyes:
    Foreman probably hit a bit harder, but that ain't worth jack **** if he can't land. Prime Tyson was very hard to tag clean, he had incredible head movement. He also possessed superior accuracy

No he would not, stop dreaming.
    He went toe to toe and was dropped by Lyle. Tyson is twice as elusive and accurate as Lyle.