Mike Tyson vs Oleksander Usyk

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Thunderstorm, Aug 6, 2022.

Who wins

1. Usyk KO

5.2%
  2. Usyk PTS

19.0%
  3. Tyson KO

69.0%
  4. Tyson PTS

6.9%
  1. Thunderstorm

Thunderstorm Active Member Full Member

Jan 24, 2022
    Lewis is the greatest

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
    MarkusFlorez99 likes this.
  2. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Not a Tyson fan but this is the worst matchup for Usyk i can think of. Too relentless, too powerful, and Tyson frequently targeted the body which is Usyk's one and only weakness.

ikrasevic, Fogger, Bart Allen and 2 others like this.
  3. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Hard fight for Tyson too. He didn't like movers that much and Usyk is probably one of the top heavyweights in history when you come to footwork and stamina. Tyson better get him early or the late rounds are going to be brutal.

ikrasevic likes this.
  4. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Got to go with prime Tyson in this one.

5. AdamT

AdamT Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 18, 2019
    Mike knocks him the f..k out
    Never underestimate Holyfield toughness or heart. Not many could stand up to mike like he did

Also an 80s Tyson was much harder to catch

I honestly think he would beat the sh.t out of usyk

6. Finkel

Finkel Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 10, 2020
    Given the success that Chisora had, I can't see anything but a KO for Tyson. He isn't going to timidly fence with Usyk.

6'3" 220lb = Mike's bread and butter.

Interested to see how big Usyk comes in against Joshua in the next fight, and what he looks like with the extra weight. Might force me to reassess.

AdamT likes this.
  7. Guerra

Guerra Well-Known Member Full Member

May 23, 2020
    Tyson knocks him into bolivian.

AdamT and EddieLima like this.
  8. EddieLima

EddieLima Member Full Member

Jun 4, 2022
    Prime Mike KOs Usyk. Post prison Mike loses UD

9. Fogger

Fogger Father, grandfather and big sports fan. Full Member

Aug 9, 2021
    There is no reason for me to say anything else. This ^^^ says it all,

MarkusFlorez99 and Oddone like this.
  10. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 banned Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Usyk's body gets cracked

Usyk CANNOT handle full bodied bodyshots off heavyweights

He's like Maidana, he'll wince and tighten his guard low the moment he feels his body get touched.

Mike Tyson on form doesn't play possum he'll come right at you slip past and unload...you need to clinch heavily or run away. Usyk can run away but for how long? He'll get clipped up the body whilst ring circling.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2022
    Oddone likes this.
  11. SergioJ91

SergioJ91 Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2021
    I think Usyk is too slick for Mike. He'll avoid Tyson's big punches early, Tyson will gas out in the middle rounds and Usyk would pot-shot him throughout the fight for a majority decision victory. Now if they fought in a trilogy, I don't know if Usyk would win all three, but Usyk would be a problem for Mike imo. Don't forget Tyson looked good early in his career cause he faced a lot of stiff tomato cans and past their prime fighters, he was great, but a bit overrated in boxing history.

lordlosh and Jackman65 like this.
  12. Jackman65

Jackman65 FJB Full Member

Aug 31, 2019
    Usyk takes Tyson to slick school. Makes him move his feet, swing at air and get frustrated all night. Tyson has a punchers chance but we saw him mentally unravel against Hollifield. Tyson never beat a prime top level opponent in his career. He beat big slow chumps but when he faced an elite, he always came up short. Spinks had no chance, he **** his pants before entering the ring and couldn’t wait to get out. Usyk would not fear Tyson and would use his technical boxing skills to frustrate the mentally weak Tyson. By the end of the night, Tyson would be looking for ears to bite or dirty tactics to get the ref to stop the fight.

Of course, one wrong move and Tyson could punish an opponent to the body and head. He was fun to watch especially against scared, past prime and unskilled opponents. Evander exposed him and although it was late era Tyson, I think Hollifield would have done the same to pre prison Tyson as well.

lordlosh and SergioJ91 like this.
  13. Kell Macabe

Kell Macabe I don’t know s*** about boxing Full Member

Nov 20, 2021
    We saw how Briedis pushed Usyk so a more skilled and harder puncher in Mike will cause all kinds of problems.

14. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    no way, Tyson was the most skilled heavyweight in history and the best combo puncher, his hand speed was quicker than anybody Usyk has fought, it would be a great fight but if AJ could nail Usyk with a number of right hands then Tyson would too and he was far better than AJ.

15. Jackman65

Jackman65 FJB Full Member

Aug 31, 2019
    Yet Tyson never beat a prime top HW in his career. Please name one elite HW he beat. Holmes was a shell of his former self when they fought and Lennox and Evander outclassed him. Tyson was a human highlight reel against chumps and B level or washed up opponents but Usyk is levels higher than anyone Mike ever beat. I was a fan of Tyson like everyone back in the day but there is no getting around the fact that he never beat an elite level opponent. There is a good reason be avoided those guys.