Mike Tyson vs Rocky Marciano FULL FIGHT

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Boxing_Fan101, Jan 31, 2024.

1. Boxing_Fan101

Boxing_Fan101 Undisputed - Book on Boxing Launching June 10th Full Member

Jan 5, 2024
    Any feedback let me know...

Mike Tyson vs Rocky Marciano

What a battle this would have been, both come into the fight with the fiercest of reputations. Two colossal power punchers who never take a backwards step and prefer to finish opponents early and in style. You have Marciano’s formidable chin, two fisted power, stamina and relentless body attacks going head to head with Tyson’s sublime mix of speed and powerful combination punching as well as his excellent head and foot movement. You have the come forward crouching swarmer against Cus’s bob and weave style.

Physically both are the same height, Mike has 3 inches in reach and will be the heavier fighter in the ring by about 20 lbs. In terms of power Rocky has an 88% KO ratio with Mike coming in at 76%, all things considered I would say there isn’t much between them power wise. Speed and technique is clearly in Kid Dynamites favour with The Brockton Bomber having the better chin, heart and stamina. On paper it would seem this fight could go either way, during the press tours both fighters remained respectful and courteous towards each other. This is one of those rare fights that transcends the sport and casuals take a genuine interest in, not surprising given the personalities and fan friendly boxing styles both men possess.

During camp Mike and Cus watch endless tapes of Marciano and are coming into the fight fully prepared and with a perfect game plan, let Marciano walk onto Mike’s punches and take him out early. Conversely Rocky has also done his homework and plans to take things cautiously early on and work over Tyson’s body and take him out late on in the fight.

Once the bell rings both meet in the centre and Rocky throws a couple of jabs and follows it up with a nice right to the body. They both tie up and Mike’s surprised with the strength his foe has and the power in his punches. Once free Iron Mike comes in bobbing and weaving and let’s off a vicious three punch combo which ends with a cracking left hook to Marciano’s chin. The Rock’s stunned at the speed and power his opponent has and before he knows it Tyson’s flying back in and hits him with a polarising right uppercut knocking him down. Marciano beats the count but Mike’s all over him again landing another crippling left hook that sends Rocky down again. The bell sounds and Marciano has got off to a terrible start.

Rocky is slowly recovering but the bell sounds for the second and on Cus’s urging Mike is like a caged animal that’s just been unleashed on its prey. He comes forward throwing shots with real spite, Marciano is just too slow to move out the way and his chin can’t take such huge punches. Rocky goes for broke throwing a wild left hook which Mike ducks and when Marciano turns he doesn’t see Tyson’s incredible left hook that he’s pivoted into. BOOM Marciano is down and it doesn’t look like he's getting up. The counts and 6 and he’s slowly rising but the ref’s seen enough.

Verdict – TKO win to Tyson round 2

2. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016
    Hmm, I don't know? . I'd say it's at least 3-1 against Marciano getting out of the first round .

3. Boxing_Fan101

Jan 5, 2024
    He does make it out of the first round just doesn't survive the second

4. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016
    If he does he gets up 2 or 3 times to do it.

ikrasevic likes this.
  5. Boxing_Fan101

Jan 5, 2024
    That’s exactly what I wrote

6. InMemoryofJakeLamotta

InMemoryofJakeLamotta I have defeated the great Seamus Full Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I think Tyson would KO Marciano. How long it would take or what round, I don't know.

7. Boxing_Fan101

Jan 5, 2024
    The question is how long could Rocky withstand the punishment and even with his great chin those Tyson bombs are too deadly

InMemoryofJakeLamotta likes this.