military training

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by JMonster, Feb 21, 2011.

1. JMonster

JMonster Active Member Full Member

Mar 8, 2005
    I was wondering if anyone on here has been through boot camp. I had a few fitness questions.

2. PNoyFightFanUSN

PNoyFightFanUSN Larry Don't Give a **** Full Member

Apr 9, 2010
    which branch? If you aren't a disgusting fat body, it'll be a joke.

3. KillSomething

KillSomething Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 1, 2009
  4. JMonster

Mar 8, 2005
    For real? I was wondering about the push up aspect of it

5. PNoyFightFanUSN

Apr 9, 2010
    we did more push-ups for punishment related purposes than actual physical training. But if you're going to boot camp, it's not a bad idea to get into a habit of doing sets every other night or so. but it's really not that serious. your body will adjust just out of habit when you get there.

6. JMonster

Mar 8, 2005
    Naw I'm not going into the service. I just look at it like they r training ppl to go to war n everything n have probably done a lot of research to y they want people to do it certain ways which is to make them the strongest n all that. Due to me not having the time to get to heavy weights I am forced to rely heavily on body weight exercises, such as push ups.

7. Leon

Leon The Artful Dodger Full Member

Mar 14, 2010
    They're obsessed with pull ups in Marine Corps bootcamp. I have friends who went in there that had to do a max set of pull ups before and after every time they would go to the restroom.

8. PNoyFightFanUSN

Apr 9, 2010
    Of all the branches, the Marine Corps overall probably winds up the fittest after boot camp. Like I said, we mostly did push ups, body builders, and mountain climbers out of punishment in Navy boot.

9. Leon

Leon The Artful Dodger Full Member

Mar 14, 2010
    no pull ups at all?

10. Kolya

Kolya Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 21, 2004

The Marines have that on their PT test, the other services don't.

11. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    British army do loads of push ups and lots of weighted jogs or marches- tabbing. Tabbing is ****ing hard

12. JagOfTroy

JagOfTroy Jag Full Member

Jul 5, 2009
    I did more ruck marching than anything else that I can remember in the Army.
    You'll do a ton of push-ups and sit-ups since that is what is required on the PT test.
    The majority of my instructors were Ranger tabbed so they loved making us run in boots and using flutter kicks to wear ya down.

13. mcguirpa

mcguirpa Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 15, 2009
    I've always fancied having a bash at the paras qualifying they do at catterick every september. 10 mile TAB with a 35 lb rucksack, paras cut-off time is 1 hr 50 mins.

14. Mohak

Mohak RIP Smokin' Joe Full Member

Nov 6, 2005
    Push up, sit ups, pull ups, run. It's pretty basic. Basic training itself will take care of the rest. Don't bother going on TAB's/pack marches since at this stage you won't know what you're doing and might injure something, epecially shins, knee and hip joints. Just do push ups, sit ups, pull ups and run and you'll be fine.

15. SILVIO_DANTE

SILVIO_DANTE Active Member Full Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Depends which country you're talking about

In Russia good prep for basic training would be removing your teeth so you don't swallow them and choke during the beatings you'll take. Also learning to go days at a time without food because your commanding officers will steal it from you. Maybe get your mates to beat you to within an inch of your life a few times so it's not too much of a shock when that happens at the barracks.

In Israel the special forces go straight into a special forces unit and do all their basic training there without serving in a basic infantry unit first, so you need to be in pretty spectacular mental and physical shape to be ready for that