"Miller is Garbage, Povetkin is small, I made AJ upset" - Dillian Whyte

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Aydamn, Feb 7, 2019.

1. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    We're going to get Whyte vs Breazzele on PPV thanks to this chump. :buenrollo:

2. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Dont get me wrong Povetkin fought amazing... he boxed beautifully... and you can tell he practised night and day in sparring on taller guys to land so clean against AJ.

But it was like the worlds best lightweight fighter against a hugeman... he was never really a threat to AJ.

That's what I mean... Pov had nothing that was ever going to worry AJ... he was just killing time.

If Dillian lands it could be all over, if Wilder lands same thing...

Pov just doesnt have enough power for AJ.

Breazeale was hilariously a punch bag as you describe... just fighting to survive...but he is one tough SOB

AlwaysFirst likes this.
  3. bailey

bailey VIP Member Full Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Hes looking for the title shot. He made this clear on Saturday. Its to clear up the mess about the WBC mandatory

Aydamn likes this.
  4. bailey

Dec 11, 2009
    Do you really think that?
    He mentioned Ortiz on Saturday as a possibility

Aydamn likes this.
  5. Geo1122

Geo1122 Active Member Full Member

Jul 7, 2017
    Personally I rate Povetkin’s power. Enough to say he could have got Joshua out of there, providing he landed the right punch.

It’s the same with Whyte. His left hook is mean, but it’s not just about landing it, it’s about landing it cold. Joshua never saw it, neither did Parker, nor did Chisora, and that’s why it’s so lethal.

Usyk on the other hand is exactly what you described; a fighter that fights beautifully, but may not have the power to punctuate his great work.

6. bailey

Dec 11, 2009
    I think the whole PPV thing has gone far too far but realistically we had Joshua/Breazeale on PPV. Admittedly there was a title at stake and Joshua is a brand in himself but since then both Whyte and Breazeale have scored some decent wins and neither lost since. Whyte has become PPV.
    As said though Dino, the PPV thing has gone crazy and some years back I doubt it would have been. I can remember watching so many world title fights that werent PPV and cant recall back then a non belt holder who had never held a title doing PPV after PPV. Think things have changed a bit

red_roo and dinovelvet like this.
  7. DanielDimov

DanielDimov Jabbing all night Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    I won't be surprised if he actually claims that he is a bum too lol

Ukansodoff likes this.
  8. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    You have to admit Povetkin had his chance... and he landed every possible way.Just wasn't enough...be honest with yourself... if a rematch happened it would be same result

9. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    So it's just coincidence that Breazeale is inferior to Ortiz and Pov? I see.

10. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    If breazeale is unavailable then he will fight povetkin... if somehow povetkin is unavailable he will maybe fight ortiz

But what does he gain from fighting ortiz??? ortiz is old and people will just say you beat an old man nothing to see here.
    Whereas beating a young parker and young breazeale no excuses

red_roo likes this.
  11. Geo1122

Geo1122 Active Member Full Member

Jul 7, 2017
    I think it would be the same result, yes. I thought Joshua would ko him the first time around. But I’ve seen enough of Povetkin to know that he does have dynamite in his hands. Again, sometimes you need to catch them cold, with the perfect punch.

Wlad caught Joshua several times in the first few rounds, with some big right hands. However, it was a softer counter that he didn’t see coming in the 4th that rocked him. Obviously the hammer in the 5th dropped him.

Putting Joshua to one side, I reckon Whyte vs Povetkin would be a brilliant fight. I’d pay for that alone.

red_roo, Aydamn and Wasteman like this.
  12. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Ortiz is rated higher than Breazeale, Parker and Povetkin in the current WBC ratings. (Povetkin is #7)

1. Whyte
    2. Fury
    3. Ortiz
    4. Breazeale
    5. Parker

The natural matchup in the WBC would be Wilder-Fury followed by the winner of Whyte-Ortiz.

13. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Personally I think Whyte priced himself out of the fight, he's got an over inflated sense of his worth. Even if he wins vs Joshua that doesn't make him the cash cow, that's not how it works unfortunately. Joshua is the big draw and lets be clear Joshua doesn't need Whyte, he's beaten him already and whoever he fights he makes good money this Miller fight according to Hearn will be a record payday most likely for Joshua.

Whyte is the B-Side he's the guy who wants a title shot, he's the one who is chasing Joshua, Whyte isn't a priority for Joshua and in those circumstances playing hard ball will only end one way and that's with Whyte having to wait for his mandatory shot.

Doppleganger and Mr Icaman like this.
  14. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    Unfortunately it means jack and ****...and jack left home yesterday.

Whyte is number 1 doesnt mean he is any close to wilder than breazeale is.

Breazeale has mandatory status it is written in a binding contract from ages ago

15. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    You can lose your mandatory position. It's never "binding." And Breazeale doesn't seem to have a whole lot of pull with the WBC, given the fact that he seems to fall farther down the ratings each time a new one comes out.

They rated him a mandatory previously, but seem to regret the decision. Their ratings reflect that and have for a while.

Everyone knows Ortiz is a a more dangerous opponent than Breazeale. The WBC included.