MMA ATG rankings

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by lufcrazy, Jan 8, 2017.

1. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Wanderlai, Shogun, Rampage, overeem, Sakuraba, Bustamante, Minowa, yoshida were very good MW'S IMO.

2. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Remember though their MW = LHW

3. drenlou

Jan 22, 2015
    Yeah I know that!! Lol.. All those guys I listed fought in the LHW (205 POUND) GRAND PRIX in pride!! Lol ima hardcore mma fan, I've watched elitexc, Strikeforce, WAMMA, Affliction, HD net, ect.Mfc, the outsider, superior challenge. Gladiator challenge, bo dog fight, king of the cage, cage rage, rumble on the rock..ect I was watching Bellator when it was on mtv2!!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  4. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    I'm tempted to buy the grand Prix DVD's but Amazon doesn't seem to have them all listed.

5. drenlou

Jan 22, 2015
    Get them from ebay!!

6. ForemanJab

ForemanJab Deus Vult Full Member

May 8, 2014
    I'm talking about the MW division in pride (185lbs or whatever it was in kg) which they called welterweight.

7. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    I have pretty much every UFC event on DVD and access to most of the major pride events.

I'm gonna start watching from UFC 1 this weekend and build my list from that point, only including none currently prime fighters.

I know it's difficult due to the way the sport evolved from mastering a given discipline to mastering an MMA fighting style but I'm looking forward to getting to know more about the history of MMA I'm terms of professional combat.

It might that everyone I watch wouldn't cut it today due to the evolution of the sport, in which case they'll get replaced when the modern fighters begin retiring.

8. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    You need to get Pride as well. During the time they were active they had a much better fighter's roster than the UFC.

And then there are some crazy tournaments that happened in places like the Ukraine and Brazil that had some real ripsnorting action. There's one particular tourney I love where my man Igor destroyed a series of giants in one night. Crazy.

9. steve1990

steve1990 Active Member Full Member

Jul 7, 2012
    Coleman was a good for his time. Frank Shamrock was one of the first complete MMA fighters. He did something Ken Shamrock didn't do beat Tito. I'm sure that has to drive Ken nuts.

10. DougTheThug

DougTheThug Member Full Member

Jan 19, 2017
    I just dont see how people can say Jones is the GOAT..

1. Anderson Silva
    2. GSP
    3. Fedor
    4. Aldo
    5. Jones

I think Khabib could one day make it up there but most of his fights are bums. If he beats Ferguson who knows what the mma world holds for him.