MMA Training and News Article Thread

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by juppity, Feb 1, 2017.

1. juppity

juppity Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 28, 2016
    Former UFC MW Champion and Jiu Jitsu master Murilo Bustamante had this to say about Rob Whittaker after giving him private lessons in Syd. " Rob's real power is not in his feet or his fists. He has a fighter's mind. U have to understand the pressure in the cage is unique. It makes this a psychological sport. U cannot function physically if the mind is not clear. U must enjoy u time in the cage. Some fighters see it as a job - they want to get in the cage and get out as fast as they can and make money and become famous. I think Rob is a fighter who is willing to stay in the cage. There are questions u are asked in the cage. How does the mind feel with pressure Because the pressure u feel will be unbelievable. How does the mind deal with being tired ? Because u are going to be more tired than u have ever been. How does u mind deal with real pain. And the biggest question is this - do u really want to be in the cage ?
    I spent three days with Rob. He has listened. He has understood. He wants teaching. He wants self improvement. Everything i have taught , he has done. He's a super smart guy Rob is kind of an old school guy. He's fighting because he's true to fight. "
    Alex Prates Rob full time Jiu Jitsu coach continues " Rob is psychologically wired to fight. He sees a fight. But that doesn't mean he doesn't get nervous or afraid. He's a very tough guy because he's trained himself to be. Its a hard sport and somebody's going to experience a painful loss. I think Rob zones out. He gets completely in the game. In some fights he looks like , O' man . I'm scared of this guy. But he's intelligent enough to know how to respond.
    Last words from Rob on how the physical training is bloody hard and the gnarly psychological side. This what Rob said about fight day " The nervousness creeps up on u slowly , really slowly until it hits u right before u walk out. There is no fear - if u are afraid of fighting, u shouldn't fight. I love the combat side of it. The thrill of the fight. The battle. I love the moment where the threat is the highest. I'm in there and this guy is actually trying to hurt me. Its super hard to describe what it's like to be in a moment like that. U challenging u self because once u in there , there's nothing u can hide. If u have a weakness , its going to come out. I think the only person who can beat me is me. "
    This content is protected

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  2. oiky

oiky Gypsy Boy Full Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Love a bit of lethwei , what a sport

3. juppity

Dec 28, 2016
    Lethwei

4. juppity

Dec 28, 2016
    Wisarut Wat Sunksirwararak is old Muay Thai trainer from Pai in northern Thailand. Wisart fears commericalization is changing the face of Muay Thai and Wisart hopes to teach and preserve tradition.

sjp17 and oiky like this.
  5. juppity

Dec 28, 2016
    With 10 Wins and 1 loss Italian fighter Daniel Pilo is preparing for his biggest
    opportunity of his life. He will compete on Aug 18 in Brave Combat Federation
    against former UFC fighter Jeremy Kennedy.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2023
  6. juppity

Dec 28, 2016
  7. juppity

Dec 28, 2016
    Lethwei

Ali a inspiring MW contender trains out of his own backyard in Thaton under the tutelage of his father.

Training methods.

8. juppity

Dec 28, 2016
  9. juppity

Dec 28, 2016