Morales-PAC prime vs prime revisited

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Stinky gloves, Aug 5, 2007.

1. hooligan

hooligan Millionaire Bum Full Member

May 8, 2006
    :yep

2. eze

eze Everybody Know Me Full Member

Aug 7, 2004
    They were in their primes in their first fight. Pacman SIGNIFICANTLY improved in their 2nd fight and beat the greatness out of Eric.

3. theunderdog

theunderdog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 4, 2006
    two weeks notice and 1 less than week preparation? that sounds crazy!! where did you get that ****? i mean if your a boxer who was informed two weeks before a championship fight, wouldn't you get your ass to the gym as fast as possible? why will you wait another week? what did he do in that 1 week of not training? pray?

you people will believe everything the pac camp says without even thinking about it first.

oh yeah, a link to your claim will be nice

4. reed_man02

reed_man02 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 18, 2006
    :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

5. reed_man02

reed_man02 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 18, 2006
    youre trippin. how was em in his prime when he retired after just one more fight in which he lost to a nobody? i feel that a fresher and younger morales would have basically beat pacman similarly to the first fight, but a bit easier. its just that a prime erik can take mannys punches and have the stamina to fire back and get stronger as the fight wears on, not get exhausted and fatigued.

6. theHawtness

theHawtness Active Member Full Member

Apr 2, 2007
    he wasn't prime? why? how? because he lost to jr jones many years ago? prove it!

7. Chert

Chert Ringside Potato Full Member

Feb 14, 2006
    pac was a late replacement for the ledwaba fight since the orig opponent of ledwaba withdrew two weeks before the fight. luckily, pac was training for another fight during that time. still, given just two weeks notice to prepare for a championship fight instead and to win via TKO6 against a great champ like ledwaba is definitely a great achievement for pac.

8. gatorage

gatorage Active Member Full Member

Apr 10, 2005
    Morales was brave against Diaz but a shadow of the fighter he was before. His legs still looked rubbery at the halfway point of the fight and his punch power faded badly as well.

A less than prime Morales beat Pac. A prime Morales definitely beats Pac.

9. Chert

Feb 14, 2006
    people here tend to forget that pac was moving up from 126 when he and erik fought for the first time. it was pac's first fight as a 130lber. still, pac just lost a very close decision and had erik hurt in that fight especially in the 12th. that was the first time i've seen erik's legs buckle like that. in subsequent fights, his legs weren't the same again.

10. hellblazer

hellblazer All-Time Greatâ„¢ Full Member

Feb 25, 2006
    Pac-Morales - Prime 4 Prime?

Pac wins by SD.

11. Guru_Too_You

Guru_Too_You ESB OG circa '99 Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    Exactly.

So, Pacquiao has added a right hook. Big deal.

Give Morales back his legs, a better ability to take a punch and the ability to throw far more punches and its obvious who takes this one.

12. blackstrider

blackstrider New Member Full Member

Apr 15, 2007
    u want link, search for pac vs ledwaba fight in youtube and u will know. u havnt watch the fight, hav u? I know its hard to believe but thats true. of course pacs doing a regular workout even without a fight not just praying as uv said, get it?

13. Chert

Feb 14, 2006
    that right hook was a big difference between the first and second pac-morales fights. pac was able to use this strong right hook counter when erik threw out his jab. that's why erik wasn't able to use his jab more to control the fight just like he did in the first one.

it was actually a right hook counter which set up the first kd of erik's career in that second fight.

14. Guru_Too_You

Guru_Too_You ESB OG circa '99 Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    Age was the difference man. Raheem doesnt outbox Erik in his prime with an extra 6 inches of reach.

Every great fighter has one great fight left, and we saw that from Erik in his first fight with Manny. But to suggest that he was at his peak or even near it for the second bout with Manny is ludicrous and the weak performance against Raheem is the perfect evidence. Erik didnt have the legs to close the distance, the endurance to chase Raheem or the stamina to throw enough punches to slow him down.

15. Chert

Feb 14, 2006
    i guess the first fight with pac took a lot out from erik even if he won that fight. like i said in a previous post, erik was visibly hurt in that 12th round and that was the first time i've seen his legs buckle like that. raheem was probably just a beneficiary of this in their subsequent fight.