Morales vs Diaz Round 1 Was A 10-9 Round!!!!!!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CASH_718, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Jens S

Jens S Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    If a fighter is winning a round it is generally 10-9. If he scores a knockdown, he wins it 10-8. But if he suffers a knockdown, he loses the round 10-9.

Does that mean, that a knockdown is not one point? Yes, it does. Sometimes a knockdown is worth two points. It is a stupid rule, but that is how the 10-point must system works. So if you had Diaz winning the first round, then because of the knockdown, it should be scored 10-9 Morales. If you had Morales winning the round, then it should be scored 10-8 Morales.

Jens

2. PJ

PJ Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 24, 2004
    Robbery is what it is...

3. El Bombasto

El Bombasto Ask yo momma Full Member

May 23, 2006
    10-9 Morales is the correct score for round 1

4. Beebs

Beebs Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 21, 2007
    10 point must system

From the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation

http://www.license.state.tx.us/sports/sportsrules.htm#61107

b) In scoring a contest the elements of offense, defense, clean hitting, ring generalship, and sportsmanship shall be carefully considered by the judges. Scoring shall be by the ten-point must system. The winner of any round is marked ten and the loser is marked nine or less. When a round is even, each contestant shall receive ten points. A clean knock-down shall be scored heavily. Judges shall deduct points for fouls when directed to do so by the referee. Judges shall clearly write their decision and sign them individually. A draw shall be called if each official votes differently or any two vote a draw.

It is absolutely either a 10-9 or 10-8 round, you cannot, at all, ever, under any circumstance, have a 9-9 round without a penalty point being taken away in the state of Texas or any other state that I am aware of, ****ing end of discussion.

I had it 10-8, as Diaz was ahead before the KD, but not that significantly.

5. chliJs

chliJs Active Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2006
    i'm still confused about a couple of things...

1) how does 10 point MUST work when there are several kd's from both sides. like foreman vs lyle round 3.
    2) there's written "when a round is even, each ten points".. i always thought there is no such thing as even rounds in 10 point must. have i always been wrong?

6. Jens S

Jens S Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    There is even rounds in the 10-points must system, 10-10. They are more usual in Europe than in the US, but is seen all over the world. Many judges try to avoid them. They see it as an easy escape, when they are in doubt, and don't want to go down that route.

Jens