More bad press for Boxxer

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by TBC-ASAP, Mar 17, 2024.

1. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    This content is protected

2. ash234

ash234 Active Member Full Member

Dec 17, 2023
    Alarm bells should have started ringing when the biggest broadcaster in the country gave their exclusive rights to a young lad who’s CV was ‘running uni club nights’ :lol:

3. Bob Flaps

Bob Flaps Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 30, 2019
    I read this earlier and thought "meh". It's hard going from one paragraph talking about multimillion TV deals to paying an agent 80 grand. Doesn't feel like the big story the Times is making out.

I have no doubt if the Times chose to dive properly into boxing they'd find a lot worse, but the journalists might end up being discouraged. Maybe Boxxer is an easy target through lack of nefarious connections compared to the establishment?

iceferg likes this.
  4. unfriendlyorchid

unfriendlyorchid Probably moaning about Sky Sports Full Member

Jul 20, 2021
    Agree it isn't a huge story in and of itself.

In this kind of story I always find myself trying to read between the lines. There is a reasonable chance the Sunday Times have more information, but cannot safely publish, but that's conjecture on my part.

What I always find fascinating is who has leaked this to the Sunday Times, and what is their agenda?

Boxxer's operations today are almost entirely dependent on the Sky contract. Sky will not want to be associated with any allegedly shady dealings. So whoever leaked this to the Sunday Times - someone with enough inside knowledge to know this privileged information - isn't someone who wants that relationship to thrive.

That has to concern Boxxer and Shalom massively.

Holler, iceferg and Bob Flaps like this.
  5. Murderers' Row

Murderers' Row Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 23, 2020
    Wtf were Sky thinking..

6. Bob Flaps

Mar 30, 2019
    Good points. Maybe it's coming from Sky given the inside sources of meetings in there!

7. smoking mirrors

smoking mirrors Active Member Full Member

Jan 14, 2023
    have you ever seen someone break up with their long term partner and immediately start dating a younger version of them?

ash234 and iceferg like this.
  8. Murderers' Row

Murderers' Row Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 23, 2020
    Negative

9. Bob Flaps

Mar 30, 2019
    Edited but let's be honest, it was funny and @dannyboy147 has pointed it out so:

Previous version
    My current partner is a 11-year-old-younger version of my ex-wife, I feel seen here!
    Corrected
    My current partner is an 11-years-younger version of my ex-wife, I feel seen here!

Hahahahahaha

Last edited: Mar 17, 2024
    Holler, dannyboy147 and Beale like this.
  10. dannyboy147

dannyboy147 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 2, 2010
    You might want to retype that!

11. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    It’s another nothing burger of a story.

12. Bob Flaps

Mar 30, 2019
    Hahaha, I'll edit it and leave the original out of shame :)

Holler and dannyboy147 like this.
  13. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    That's an interesting take. If one were to go down the conspiracy rabbit hole you could imagine someone wanting more money to bid for (say) football rights and if Boxing isn't performing well (think Boxxer has had some bad luck, but it's been pretty underwhelming over past 12 months) and they're looking at the exit clauses relating to negative publicity on the Boxxer contract...

I don't think this is a nothing story btw. Anyone that's dealt with London media lawyers knows they don't buckle easily unless they're bang to rights. Sounds from the report like they and the accountants are both trying to get away from this one.