More impresive victory - Usyk beating Joshua or Fury beating Wladimir Klitschko

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Luis Fernando, Oct 24, 2021.

Which is the more impressive victory?

1. Usyk beating Joshua

31 vote(s)
    62.0%
  2. Fury beating Wladimir Klitschko

19 vote(s)
    38.0%
  1. Ilesey

Ilesey ~ Full Member

Jul 22, 2004
    Usyk beating AJ however I could see a compelling argument for anyone picking Fury’s victory.

2. Charlie Stewart

Charlie Stewart Most Merciful Full Member

Feb 5, 2019
    Fury/Wlad was one of the most pathetic non fighting championship fights I’ve ever seen. Arguably not better than Wlad/Joshua, the Wlad that Joshua faced was better.

I would say Fury/Wilder II is way more impressive and Fury’s best victory. One of the most one sided brutal beat downs in modern boxing championship history, and no one saw it coming. People talk about Gatti vs Mayweather beat down but this was way way worse.

I would rate Fury’s second performance over Wilder better than Usyks vs Joshua.

1.Fury/Wilder II
    2.Usyk/Joshua
    3.Joshua/Wlad
    4.Fury/Wilder III
    5.Fury/Wlad

in my opinion...

3. SmackDaBum

SmackDaBum TKO7 banned Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
  4. timeout

timeout Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Fury Vs Wlad was one of the dullest fights in recent HW history.

Usyk Vs AJ was one of the best displays of skill in HW boxing.

So you tell me which win is the greater?

5. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Usyk beating AJ.

I actually believe that if Fury had been suspended at the time, and Wlad would have had to fight another top 10 opponent, there's a pretty good chance he'd have lost that fight too.
    He already clearly looked over the hill against Jennings in the previous fight, and Jennings went on to basically do nothing for the rest of his career.
    And let's not forget is was basically a win for the one that did the most in a nothing fight. Average of less then 2 (1.9) landed punches a minute. I mean, seriously?! That's in the same ballpark people ridiculed Safetypin Johnson (1.8 pl/m) for years for.

timeout likes this.
  6. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Wlad is obviously better than AJ but he was four months shy of his 40th birthday when Fury beat him and he'd been a pro 19 years and was considerably past his best albeit the three-belt unified king and still formidable and rightfully considered the #1 HW on the planet.

A cruiserweight Fury beating a prime Wlad in Germany whilst giving away huge physical advantages would render this question redundant.

But Usyk beating a prime 31 y/o AJ (just tuned 32) who was so much fresher, and who was ranked #2 at HW and who was also the three-belt unified king, whilst giving away huge physical advantages to him in terms of size, weight, reach, height, strength and power, in AJ's backyard is a better win.

Usyk didn't just beat him he pretty much outclassed him winning a 10-2/8-4 type decision at worst. He didn't just out-slick the much bigger man he took the fight to him outfought him when need be and hurt him too.

However, Fury is still the GOAT for coming back from the brink of destruction to dominate the HW division once again and no one can deny him his seat on that throne because none of the other greats did or ever could ever replicate such a feat. Merci beaucoup. De rien.