More power, prime Hagler or GGG?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by mark ant, Feb 21, 2021.

Did Hagler hit harder than GGG?

1. Marvin hit harder than GGG

26 vote(s)
    27.4%
  2. GGG hit harder than a prime Hagler

56 vote(s)
    58.9%
  3. Both had the same level of power in their respective title reigns

13 vote(s)
    13.7%
  1. 22JM

22JM Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Brook a beast? :lol:

2. Somali Sanil

Somali Sanil Wild Buffalo Man banned Full Member

Sep 1, 2019
    Very strong at the weight, Porter rated his strength when they fought and he is strong himself. Underrated prime

Beouche and BCS8 like this.
  3. iii

iii Boxing Addict Full Member

May 3, 2016
    I guess the blame has to rest at Hearn for setting it up or Eubanks for the pen at the last hour...Still at least losing pen is not as blatently cowardly as dropping belt & dropping down a weight to avoid someone...Which Canelo did , which put Eubank in the frame who then put Brook in the ring with the God of war GGG who the Canelo halfwits are complaining about ...So its Canelo you guys have blame for Brook vs GGG....ha ha ha backward is their forte lol

4. m.s.

m.s. Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2010
    I don't need inflate GGG'S accomplishments, they are what they are. 20 title defenses 18 by KO, 11-1-1 ( 9 ) by KO. Vs Ring magazine top 10. He should have at the very least one victory over Canelo alot think 2 victories over Canelo. Nothing to inflate. If Canelo defends his current title 18 more times he can equal this. If Canelo never rematches GGG and defeats him clearly he will never have a clear victory over him.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
    Somali Sanil likes this.
  5. Cobra33

Cobra33 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 2, 2006
    I think GGG hits harder single punch for punch but Marvin threw alot more combinations and while not as hard a puncher as GGG he hit pretty hard.
    People should watch Marvin when he was coming up- beautiful boxer who could switch hit smoothly.

6. Scar

Scar VIP Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    You are right. Everyone knew that this was yet another mismatch, including Golovkin and his team.