More skilled: Eder Jofre or Ricardo Lopez

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Flo_Raiden, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Flo_Raiden

Flo_Raiden Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Both were very complete fighters, could box, punch, fight, and thre every punch in the book. Who do you think is the more skilled, versatile fighter in your opinion? And who was better H2H and all round ability?
    Tough call for me.

2. Flea Man

Flea Man มวยสากล Full Member

Sep 7, 2008
    Lopez shouldn't be in these kinda' discussions. Totally different leagues. Also, H2H isn't fair as Jofre is the greatest in a very deep weightclass, Lopez the G.O.A.T in a totally useless division.

Xplosive likes this.
  3. Vic-JofreBRASIL

Vic-JofreBRASIL having fun Full Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Jofre was a better boxer and a better infighter (no doubt about that since Lopez didn´t have a great inside game as far as I remember).
    There is no doubt in my mind that in terms of versatility Jofre is miles ahead...

4. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    Jofre. It really isn't that close, though you could have a discussion about who was more technically perfect at what they did if you like.

5. Flea Man

Sep 7, 2008
    Lopez was probably better at maintaining his range, but then again I doubt he'd be against Jofre's level of oppo'.

We know where I stand, I should probably just shut up and keep the peace whenever Lopez is mentioned.

6. LittleRed

LittleRed Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 19, 2012
  7. Nightcrawler

Nightcrawler Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 18, 2011
    :lol::lol: my first thought when i saw the title was "wonder if flea has seen this yet.."

8. Nightcrawler

Dec 18, 2011
    in the end in depends. they were both operators of the highest level but lopez didn't have jofre's competition so it's a bit relative. on film, i'd say that jofre might have had more tools in his toolbox but lopez may have been more technically perfect

Reinhardt likes this.
  9. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007

These are two of my favorite lower weight fighters.

Who was more skilled? Both were good technicians. I would say Lopez was the better pure technician as an out fighter, but Jofre was the smother technician, better on the inside, and faster.

In a pound for pound sense, Lopez was the better puncher.

I rate Jofre as greater of the two.

But who is harder to beat at their weight class? I’ll go against the grain and say Lopez because he was unusually tall, very focused, and hit like a middle weight. Some of Lopez's KO's would make Mike Tyson and George Foreman nod their head. Almost unfair at 105 pounds.

Others will point out that Jofre fought better competition. Yes this is true. The bantam weight divison has more depth to it.

10. Addie

Addie Myung Woo Yuh! Full Member

Jun 14, 2006
    I don't really know who was more skilled, but the little footage I have seen of Eder Jofre is spectacular. I wish there was more readily available.

11. Nightcrawler

Dec 18, 2011
    watching him against fighting harada is incredible but unfortunately not indicative of his true prime

12. Flea Man

Sep 7, 2008
    No way is Lopez the superior hitter, despite his aesthetically pleasing K.Os. He was a fantastic puncher, but if he hit like a middle that unheralded Mongkol, admittedly nails, would not have taken the drubbing he did and still be alive.

Also, Jofre beat a lot of good featherweights. Look at the difference in weight scaled between the two. Lopez could've moved up and somehow sparked Arbachakov inside a round and would still be a bit behind Jofre.

13. Flea Man

Sep 7, 2008
    When I get round to it I'll share some footage I doubt many of you will have seen. Have meant to for a while but not got round to it.

14. red cobra

red cobra VIP Member Full Member

Jul 28, 2004
    :deal:thumbsup..Absolutely...no comparison can be made with Jofre.

15. Flea Man

Sep 7, 2008
    Indeed :D