More skilled fighter: Jermell or Jermall Charlo?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Flo_Raiden, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Flo_Raiden

Flo_Raiden Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Which brother would you say is the better technically skilled fighter? Both guys are stylistically offensive minded, seek and destroy boxer punchers. Jermall seems like the harder hitter based on his KO record but Jermell has been more explosive lately.
    I think they’re both close to even as far as skills go. Both can be outboxed but their toughness, killer instincts and power make them formidable forces.

In a way they sort of remind me of Donald Curry but not as skilled and without the finesse.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
    Toney F*** U likes this.
  2. Toney F*** U

Toney F*** U Boxing junkie Full Member

Oct 16, 2019
    I’d also say they’re pretty even

3. theanatolian

theanatolian Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 2, 2015
    Jermall is a class above.

Oddone likes this.
  4. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Jermall but earlier in their careers it was jermell until he fell in love with his power.

Dance84 likes this.
  5. fcb1068

fcb1068 Active Member Full Member

Aug 16, 2012
    I've said this before and I'll say it again, Jermell is the more skilled fighter between him and his twin brother.

HolDat likes this.
  6. MetalLicker

MetalLicker Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 10, 2011
    The bigger Charlo, Jermall.

He's got better punch variety and he's a better counter puncher. Jermell is less active and can be outworked by a good fighter.

7. Oddone

Oddone Bermane Stiverne's life coach. Full Member

Aug 18, 2019
    Jermall is better.

Jermall and Jermell are skilled boxers, but they center their tactics around their knockout power instead of focusing on some of the finer aspects of boxing. They are victims of their own success and their own stupidity.

And while Harrison and Korobov largely exposed the Charlo brothers’ technical shortcomings, it shouldn’t have come as a shock. Jermell is the lesser of the two however due to his poor footwork.

Jermell struggled to put away Trout and in the process, was made to miss three quarters of his punch output as he over-zealously tried to capitalize on two knockdowns. And two years prior, when he took the WBC title from John Jackson, he only won one round on all three judges’ scorecards.

Harrison was highly competitive as he managed distance and countered effectively, even at times exposing Charlo’s lackluster footwork. On those occasions when Jermell did have his man hurt, he got over-excited and ended up smothering his attack rather than setting up the finishing touches. Harrison being able to last the distance was just another example of the distinction between a great puncher and a great finisher.

8. HolDat

HolDat Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 25, 2020
    Jermell. Jermall is a bit limited but effective.

9. pepsiclassic

pepsiclassic Active Member Full Member

Aug 7, 2019
    Jermall has had too many close calls for me. Jermell has the better resume at this point. his lone loss I actually thought he won and I dont really like the charlos. Jermell sometimes gets beat up for a few rounds but he always lands the good punches to get the KO. Jermall always struggles and judges give him a break.

10. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Well considering they've pulled the switcheroo after the weigh in for most of Jermello's fights, er. obviously Jermallo. The only times they didn't pull it aside from last night and a couple of times earlier on in their careers have been Harrison I and Vanes and the former beat him and the later was robbed.

Oddone likes this.
  11. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 banned Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I have never cared for either of the Charlo's after Jacobs punked them and their crying after that loss.

This content is protected

Are they staying at 154?

12. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    I agree with this, Jermall is more relaxed in there and doesn't try to force things you can see with Jermell a lot of the time he is loading up on his shots trying to immediately hurt his opponent causing him to miss more.

13. zicas

zicas Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Agreed. Also seems more composed, can throw compact. straight punches.
    Jermell is wild at times looking like Wilder in there.