Morris - Simpson or Witter - Harris?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by rooq, Aug 29, 2007.

1. rooq

rooq Rooq's Boxing Promoter Full Member

Jan 16, 2007
    i just realised that for possibly the first time in 126 years two televised british boxing cards clash with Witter-Harris on Sky TV and Morris-Simpson on Setanta.

Which is a bit of an arse really - why couldn't the Warren card be on a Saturday like they usually are :twisted:

I think I'll just have to watch the Witter fight and check out the highlights from the Warren show on Saturday evening (7pm)

What will you be watching?

2. Dunky McCafferty

Dunky McCafferty Boxing Junkie banned

Aug 24, 2004
    Its a no brainer, I will be watching the Simpson-Morris fight & will stay away from here & any other boxing forums & catch the repeat of the Witter fight not knowing the result, therefore I cant lose:deal

Man, I hope wee Simmy smacks Morris about, did I tell anyone here that Andy Morris stared me out once?

It was just before their first meeting at the Braehead, we pulled up in a taxi in the Braehead car park behind another car, that this wee shaven headed bloke & a bunch of other guys had just got out of. The wee shaven headed bloke stared me out, as I was in the front passenger seat of the taxi. I was confused, as I was in a great mood as I had had a few beers(as usual;) ) & was heading into see my hero at the time Scotty Harrison! Anyway the wee shaven headed ***** kept looking at me s if he was tough whilst I got out of the car, but as he was tiny I wasnt too bothered! Then him & his entourage ****ed off into the lift & I said to my pal, "did you see that wee baldy ****? he was growling at me" & my pal said, "That was Andy Morris Dunk, & he was growling at me too as I got out the car"

I just wish I knew who the wee **** was, & I would have noised him right up! But sadly I just thought he was a wee Glesga ned, as thats how most of them behave.

So there. Aimless, but true story. Only ever fighter I have encountered who has acted like a fanny. So naturally, I want to see Simmy spank him again:D

3. dwilson

dwilson Guest

I'll be watching the Witter fight but will try to see as much of the Morris fight as possible. We know which will be the more entertaining fight but Witter is the local lad for me and world champ.

4. hitman_hatton1

hitman_hatton1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    hate to say it.

gotta be those 2 shits fighting for the we be crooks title ain't it. :yep

5. victorhugo4222

victorhugo4222 Well-Known Member Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Dunky ma good man i have absolutely no doubts wee simmy is going to kick his arse big time!!! the wee man is flying at the moment been training harder than ever for th4 last 10-11 weeks now never seen him in such good shape his power has also improved so much over the last 5 months or so as him and danny have been wokring really hard on that 2 dont be suprised if he have another stoppage again though not with a cut with morris on his arse this time!!

also sparring with 'hot property' craig docherty on a regular basis now, as hes also trained by danny now down at the gym, has giving john invaluable experience of fighter a bigger opponnt.

John is just busting to get in that ring and prove everyone wrong that the 2nd fight was no fluke and just wear him down and work the body like last time. hes total pissed off by everyone saying morris was dominating the fight and no-one recognising the great work to the body he was doing and also show the fight against matthews wasnt that matthews fought bad was just that john fought really well that night.

hes also been promised a crack at the european title if he beats morris so big incentive there for him. Take john by 9-11th round stoppage.

6. Top Dog

Top Dog Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 10, 2006
    :lol: :lol: Good wee story there Dunky, man if only these guys know what it's like up here they wouldnt be doing the staring out **** at all, as you know as well as me that there are plenty guys on the streets that would gladly lift whatever was handy and turn it into a feckin hat for someone, namely trashcan, snooker cue, baseball bat.:lol: I hope Simpson wins, but I'm not sure how this one will go, if I was a betting man I'd put my money on the wee bald **** (your words:yep ) but if Simpson can get his jab going early and keep good lateral movement he could do it again. You can be sure Morris will be fit as feck, but he aint the sharpest tool in the box so hopefully Simpson can figure him out again. Good luck to him:thumbsup

7. victorhugo4222

May 29, 2007
    hey top dog couldnt have said it better myself the wee b******s ended my chance of a career before even got started. wrong place, wrong time about 10 of them set about me with anything they could get there hands on though some already came prepared stabbed me right throught the shoulder and ripped all the muscle amongst other things and i was only 15 at the time! some people just dont realise what its like up here.

8. Top Dog

Oct 10, 2006
    Awright VH, feck me where did that happen about? Wee *******s right enough:fire The world would be a better place if guys would just have a straightener outside, instead of all this stabbing ****, as they say it's not big and it's not clever. I reckon all the wee fannys that start bother should get slung into a boxing ring with a pair of gloves, and let them get melted about the head and body for a few rounds, it'll soon knock the hard man **** out of them. That kind of **** makes my blood boil. I've got an older son, a big teenager, and I'm always worried some twat sets about him in glasgow for no reason. I would just kill the ******* who done it, never mind the polis. Too many wahoos going about these days, think I'll become a vigilante, Charles Bronson style:thumbsup

9. victorhugo4222

May 29, 2007
    happened down in greenock sort of stuff happens all the time down here only few weeks ago guy i knew got stabbed and died going for a taxi after a night out for no reason something has to be done about it.

How do you se the fight going next week? obviously im going to be a bit biased but i really think john can do it been watching him training and its the fittest and also the hardest ive ever seen him punch i think morris is in for a shock.

10. Max Molyneux

Max Molyneux Liverpool Liver Tickler Full Member

Jul 11, 2005
    I'll be watching Witter.

Witter's going to be like dog the bounty hunter on Harris.:D

11. Top Dog

Oct 10, 2006
    Aye its a mad world oot there Vic, need to watch your back right enough! The fight could be very close, I do think John can beat him again, but do think Morris will be fit as feck, and he'll be wanting the title back. If John keeps it long he will win, if he mixes it up too much he could get beaten. Fingers crossed for the boy!:thumbsup

12. victorhugo4222

May 29, 2007
    yeah totally agree mate john needs to fight what hes best at keeping morris at bay though dont be suprised if john stops him late on been watching the wee man in the gym and hes flying just now fittest ever seen him hes also punching alot stronger now which has never been 1 of his strong points. got the makings of a very good and very close fight.

13. Strike

Strike Boxing Addict banned

Sep 14, 2004
    Dunky mate, Morris is from Wythenshawe....he wasn't glaring at you, that is just how they look. In fact he was probably smiling at you, but it just looks different to a smile on a human being who hasn't grown up in Wythenshawe.:D

Most humans smiling - :D
    Humans from Wythenshawe smiling - :twisted:

14. GazOC

GazOC Guest Star for Team Taff Full Member

Jan 7, 2005
    I'll be watching Witter on my laptop and Morris on my TV. Hopefully the two main events won't clash.

15. UndisputedUK

UndisputedUK Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 20, 2006
    Do you think Witter will KO Harris?