Most brutal displays of body punching?

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Blofeld, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Blofeld

Blofeld Active Member Full Member

Sep 27, 2022
    Nunn vs Ashley, watch round 5 and 6, savage text book punches from Nunn. Ashley showed a ton of guts.

This content is protected

Last edited: Feb 12, 2023
  2. Dynamicpuncher

Dynamicpuncher Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 14, 2022
    Forrest hurting Mosley to the body in their 1st fight in the 10th round was brutal, Mosley yells out in pain as Forrest brutally punishes him to the body.

Lucian Bute also had some very good body punch KOs, he wasn't like your typical body puncher. He we would throw straight punches right in the sternum.

robert ungurean likes this.
  3. scartissue

scartissue Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 2, 2006
    Think you guys will like this one. This is Raul Rojas fighting for Yoshiaki Numata's jr. lightweight title. You can see the bodywork Rojas is applying here. But after being dropped and on the verge of being stopped, Numata starts throwing 'Hail Mary' right hands and uppercuts until he catches Rojas. This clip is only 4 minutes but you can see how it unfolded.

Dynamicpuncher likes this.
  4. scartissue

scartissue Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 2, 2006
    I also remember the first fight between Shoji Oguma and Park Chan Hee and the pronounced body work that Oguma performed. It had the Korean bending at the waist.

5. DS Phil Hunter

DS Phil Hunter Active Member Full Member

Jun 11, 2022

Joshua Buatsi Vs Tony Averlant

6. Bokaj

Bokaj Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Has Khan-Maidana been mentioned yet?

7. Bummy Davis

Bummy Davis Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dave Tiberi vs James Toney and James Toney vs Evander Holyfield
    I think James learned a thing.

8. he grant

he grant Historian/Film Maker Full Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Have to check that out again ... that was some upset ... Eddie could really underperform some nights .. I remember Scott just showing him zero respect ..

9. Saintpat

Saintpat Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 26, 2009
    If you watch it again, pay attention to the early rounds. Eddie was definitely in shape and he was on his game but Scott just ran him out of the ring. This was a guy getting beaten up more than an EMM who showed up unmotivated.

10. Eddie Ezzard

Eddie Ezzard Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 19, 2016
    As indeed are you, Cec. I enjoyed the back and forth between you and @Pugguy and was glad it had the ending it did. Nice work from the pair of you.

And yes, Carlos was a wonderful pro. On the borderline of greatness. Maybe, as they said about Billy Graham, 'As good as you can be without being great.' But what a tough outing he was for anyone.

Saintpat likes this.
  11. he grant

he grant Historian/Film Maker Full Member

Jul 15, 2008
    I'm sure you're right .. I remember folks saying Scott gave a tremendous performance ..

Saintpat likes this.
  12. Saintpat

Saintpat Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Thomas Hearns darn near crippled Iran Barkley with body shots in their first fight before Iran came up with the perfect desperation counter.

13. Cecil

Cecil Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 22, 2015
    Appreciate that Eddie.
    However talking of borderline I think I realised I was borderline in over my head sparring with Pugguy and decided to bail out!

14. Pugguy

Pugguy Ingo, The Thinking Man’s GOAT Full Member

Aug 22, 2021
    Kind words from @Eddie Ezzard and I’ll also add Cec, that you were not at all near being in over your head - it was a good discussion and I look forward to exchanging our views and opinions going forward. :)

Cecil likes this.
  15. Cecil

Cecil Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 22, 2015
    Cheers Pug.

Pugguy likes this.