most humiliating loss ever suffered by a british fighter...?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Luscious Lopez, Apr 6, 2011.

1. With the greatest of respect I don't think that this was his intention, especially considering that fact that he admits Hagler beat him fair and square. How the **** do you know that everone who was chucking bottles was a member of the national front and not your common garden football fan? You have an agenda which is not based on evidence.

2. TBooze

TBooze Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Because I was there.

If you come from Crawley you will understand what Alan Minter was about.

He was a fine boxer. And the best you can do to describe the rest of him, was the battle with the bottle was too much for him, and he could not cope.

It cost him his boxing career and it cost him his TV career with the BBC.

After many a disturbing night, it seems he has found a women, who has chilled him out a bit. He has moved out of town, and to the best of my knowledge has started to sort his life out.

3. Well you know better than me then. I'm sorry if he was a racist who wanted to see the national front to fight his battles for him, somehow I think this was not the whole story. I'm not going to make him the anti-christ because of some unfortunate statements. Do you also hate Hagler because of his 'I don't touch white flesh statement'? Get over it for ****s sake, worse things happen at sea. That scene with Hagler at Wembley was bad for British boxing but you can't blame Minter.

4. TBooze

Oct 22, 2006
    Sadly, it basically was.

As previously stated: Minter was a fine boxer, but as a person, he perhaps left a lot to be desired. But he was hardly the first unsavoury character in boxing.

Sadly his infamy helped cause a lot of damage to a famous arena and helped ruin what should of been the crowning night in one of the best Middleweight of all times' career.

5. BS. He's not god. People are responsible for their own actions. If boxing attracts that kind of support here then so be it, he can't do anything about it. I don't see why Minter would of actively encouraged a white supremesist viewpoint from his supporters. I can tell by the way that he acts in this interview that he is someone of integrity; if a load of yobs turn up and act like idiots then I'm not blaming him. To do so is just a stupid positon to take.

6. TBooze

Oct 22, 2006

LOL:

As mentioned:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvriYn4MJMI[/ame]

7. Earl-hickey

Earl-hickey Boxing Junkie banned

Oct 31, 2010
    "No black man is gonna' take my title"

"I'll never lose to a white boy"

Imagine Minter vs Hopkins lol

8. oli

oli Boxing Junkie banned

Mar 11, 2010
    Alan Minter was a piece of **** who got destroyed i just wish Hagler had beaten him more and really cabbaged him.

He brought race into it like a full on ****...then got his arse handed to him and needed all his BNP mates to rescue him :lol:

9. p.Townend

p.Townend Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 14, 2009
    I agree that was the most humiliating ive seen.In front of his home town crowd and in the first minute.Hard to imagine a worse way to lose.

10. Boro chris

Boro chris Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 14, 2005
    I heard somewhere tha Hunter S Thompson was convinced Minter was stalking him!:D

11. Luscious Lopez

Luscious Lopez Active Member Full Member

Apr 25, 2010
    alan minter was a superb boxer who didn't always cover himself in glory away from the ring.that said,no real boxing fan wants to see anyone get 'cabbaged.'and the bnp hadn't even been born back then,you ****ing idiot.

12. Grant1

Grant1 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jun 13, 2007
    The answer is Audley.

Imagine he'd given that performance in Vegas against a non-brit.

13. Big J

Big J Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Khan- 1 million

14. KOMAN

KOMAN Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Khan v Prescott or Haye v Harrison - they were both stinkers !!!

15. Clinton

Clinton Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 22, 2009
    I'm pretty sure that that group was called the National Front.