Most intimidating boxer

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by xnico, Jun 11, 2021.

Most intimidating boxer

1. Anthony Joshua

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  2. Sonny Liston

37 vote(s)
    18.4%
  3. Tyson Fury

5 vote(s)
    2.5%
  4. Mike Tyson

115 vote(s)
    57.2%
  5. George Foreman

24 vote(s)
    11.9%
  6. Vitali Klitschko

9 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. Big John Fury

2 vote(s)
    1.0%
  8. Nikolai Valuev

2 vote(s)
    1.0%
  9. Deontay Wilder

3 vote(s)
    1.5%
  10. Luiz Ortiz

3 vote(s)
    1.5%
  1. From.Russia

From.Russia Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 15, 2013
    My top candidates are Liston and Foreman, but i cant get over how Ali embarassed them, especially Liston...

2. ButeTheBeast

ButeTheBeast Well-Known Member Full Member

May 27, 2012
  3. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    So, let's start to talk. While Fury even likes me and I do know that this is not your 1 st , 2 nd or 3 rd profile here ( do not attempt deny this, this is too easy to see here without problems ).

1. You are spreading false fan boys narrative here.

Why?
    Vitali initially was ranked at high level by WBO and WBC, after Wlad started to pursue bunches with belts, Vitali switched to be ranked only under WBC.

When Fury had won vs old Wlad in Germany, he had get bunch with belts.
    However not WBC belt, Wlad did not had this one then.
    So, being not ranked by orgs where Wlad had belts, Vitaly was not able to be a mandatory for Fury's or Wlad's belts at all.
    While Fury was not Vitaly mandatory under WBC.

After win vs Wlad Fury started to.___________
    Sorry, Fury likes me and I will not post this, all hardcore long term british boxing fans already does know what stuff was Fury's priority after his win vs Wlad.

I do not feel necessity to bring up this all, I'm forgiving and more lenient to guys than majority of boxing fans.

So until you keep not delusional comments why over the hill 40 y.o Vitali had retired I will be more friendly with you here.
    Vitali long before this had enough money and might had retired years ago.
    Yeah, he like a lot of these EE boxers continued looks that due inertia not being money hungry.
    Please do not insist on things you do not know.

I do know that you might think about your own truth here, still bear in mind that here damn a lot of ppl are more realistic than you and they are enough lenient and forgiving.
    When you will break borders too long and too much, they might go harsh here.
    Do not judge and you will not be judged.
    If you will continue your trolling, Fury might had been judged here without any mercy and NOT by me here.

Take care.

4. The Clan

The Clan Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 11, 2007
    Joe Frazier
    Ken Norton

Stiches Yarn likes this.
  5. Stiches Yarn

Stiches Yarn Active Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2021
    Frazier and Norton were anything, but intimidated They were not.
    George beat the holy hell out of them because "Style make fight".
    Foreman literally pushed Frazier out of his punching rang with his strength, kept him at bay with his long jab while beating him up with hooks and uppercuts that were so powerful they l joe off the canvas !
    Norton apparently badly underestimated Foreman ability to cut off the ring, Geogre literally punched through his guard, overpowered and stopped him.

6. NEETzschean

NEETzschean Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Feb 23, 2021
    It wasn't a case of "styles make fights" but "glass-chinned cruisers make for early KO's". Norton got KO'd by a bummy sub-cruiser early on in his career and was KO'd in 1-2 rounds by every decent puncher he ever faced (Foreman, Shavers, Cooney). Frazier never fought Shavers either. For all the hype surrounding him, larded-up HW Ali had good punch resistance, a very good gas tank and an iron will, while Foreman had a cr*p gas tank. Journeyman and fellow cruiser featherfist Jimmy Young did the same thing against Foreman: weather the early storm and beat him up when he's tired.

Stiches Yarn likes this.
  7. xnico

xnico New Member banned Full Member

Nov 6, 2020
    MarkusFlorez99 likes this.
  8. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Lennox Lewis wasn't an intimidating man. He knew that full well, thats why it made the fights even better because they wouldn't be scared to step in the ring with the lion and the great Lennox Lewis could annihilate his victims on the spot.
    This content is protected

When that right hand landed, fear and terror truly started to kick in for Akinwande. He realized he was in the ring with a monster. Akinwande is the same man who folded Tyson Fury's dad like laundry. It's just no comparison
    This content is protected

Levels

xnico likes this.
  9. Tomatron

Tomatron Member Full Member

Jul 26, 2021
    Marvin Hagler I always found as an intimidating character the prospect of going in the ring with him would be pretty scary as you knew what was coming, similar with Aaron Pryor.

On that list prime Liston was a scary individual.

Noel857 likes this.
  10. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 banned Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Tyson Fury is naturally the most intimidating, simply because he's the biggest.

You cannot hide from a natural response from the perceived threat of a bigger creature

Mentally he does demolition jobs for reasons only his opponents will disclose, but none of them are willing to say. Most likely because Fury never gets intimidated himself and has REAL pure confidence.

The only reason he isn't the most intimidating is because he isn't a natural puncher.

Joe Joyce is starting to show that he is physically intimidating. Raw power, cool as ice, tough as nails. The new Foreman.

11. Noel857

Noel857 I Am Duran Full Member

Mar 24, 2019
    Joe Joyce the new Foreman? Tell me you are not being serious please

12. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Spot on Sonny Liston was the most intimidating followed by the young George Foreman then Iron Mike.

MarkusFlorez99, Noel857 and Pimp C like this.
  13. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    I laughed my head off when I saw Beyoncé Wilder as one of the choices.

MarkusFlorez99 likes this.
  14. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Wish Lennox Claudius Lewis the Lion had faced his true nemesis in The President Ike Ibeabuchi.

15. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    A focused Lewis would have handled him mid difficulty. Ibeabuchi wasn't really a pressure fighter but a brawler, a better Tua if you will.