Most Overrated Active fighter of this Generation ?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Dance84, Apr 25, 2019.

Who is the most overated active fighter of today ?

Poll closed May 27, 2019.
  1. Mikey Garcia

24 vote(s)
    12.7%
  2. Vasyl Lomachenko

3 vote(s)
    1.6%
  3. Errol Spence

13 vote(s)
    6.9%
  4. Terrence Crawford

8 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Canelo

27 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. GGG

26 vote(s)
    13.8%
  7. Usyk

3 vote(s)
    1.6%
  8. Wilder

73 vote(s)
    38.6%
  9. Joshua

12 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    If Jacobs beat him then he beat Canelo and Canelo lost to Lara. Imo GGG beat both Canelo and Jacobs convincingly, but clearly lost to Canelo in the rematch

iii and BoxingPurest like this.
  2. JMotrain

JMotrain Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 30, 2005
    You don't need to be top 10 P4P to be overrated. Both Charlo's were being hyped to be the next big thing in boxing. Yet Jermell struggled against a guy GGG knocked out in 2 rounds as a tune-up fight (and you call GGG overrated) and Jermall struggled with a late replacement and got a gift.

3. George Crowcroft

Mar 3, 2019
    Agreed. Whilst Ward and Kovalev were prime he wasnt 1. Then he drew with Canelo when he was expected to KO him. Then he loses, as much as I like him and can't understand why so many people hate on him, he was never pfp 1

BoxingPurest and Pimp C like this.
  4. JMotrain

Sep 30, 2005
    I never thought he was P4P 1 but I do think he was top 5 and probably still is. He is still arguably undefeated. I guess if you don't rate Canelo that high than fine, you can throw him out of the top 5. But that is probably Mayweather's best win so what does that say about his resume and being on the P4P list?

George Crowcroft likes this.
  5. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Yet GGG was being touted as being able to beat Hagler RJJ Hopkins Monzon. No one said the Charlo's would beat any of those guys not only that neither were ranked in the top 10 P4P. They were seen as exciting young fighters who talked trash none was seen as the second coming like GGG. GGG got network backing and a **** load of hype 100000x more than the Charlo's combined and didn't live up to it. He's the very definition of overrated if there ever was one. Goes life and death with Jacobs a guy Pirog destroyed then draws and loses against Canelo and now back to fighting no-hopers which his resume mostly consists of.

Gatekeeper and dinovelvet like this.
  6. George Crowcroft

Mar 3, 2019
    I do agree that he's pfp top 5, but he was never 1 imo. He was top 3 for a long time tho

7. JMotrain

Sep 30, 2005
    He beat Jacobs clearly, who is still more proven than either one of the Charlo brothers. His draw and loss to Canelo are controversial. Golovkin is still one of the best fighters in the sport.

And I wouldn't take him over the guys you mentioned and you'd have to show me the threads where people said he would beat those fighters. But that is purely speculation anyways, we are only talking about today.

iii and George Crowcroft like this.
  8. TEAM_LOMA

TEAM_LOMA This is Boxing Full Member

Mar 13, 2019
    I think AJ is by far the most overrated boxer right now. The only credible win he has on his resume is Parker (AJ didn't look that great). Beating a 40 year old Klitschko and Povetkin while being 10 years younger is not impressive and Takam got robbed in that fight. AJ is a massive hype job if I've ever seen one.

9. Sphillips

Sphillips Active Member Full Member

Nov 14, 2017
    Favour Crawford v Canelo?

Who has said that ever?

10. Sphillips

Nov 14, 2017
    Takam got robbed?

What is wrong with people.

11. George Crowcroft

Mar 3, 2019
    How the **** did Takam get robbed?

His win over Povetkin is better than any win on Wilder's and any win if Fury's other than Klitschko and so is his Klitschko win.
    He is clearly the best HW of an admittedly overrated bunch. But there is some incredible fights to be made in the division

Gatekeeper likes this.
  12. Sphillips

Nov 14, 2017
    How on earth is Manny overrated?

13. George Crowcroft

Mar 3, 2019
    See the Canelo vs Crawford thread, there was a few.
    He isn't bad, but he isn't the top WW imo

He is the greatest right now as I shown in this breakdown.

14. blackbolt396

blackbolt396 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 13, 2012
  15. TEAM_LOMA

TEAM_LOMA This is Boxing Full Member

Mar 13, 2019
    he got robbed in the sense of a bad stoppage? Takam was still in that fight. Horrible stoppage