Muang Kittikasem vs Jung Koo Chang- Spiteful bout

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Journeyman92, Sep 22, 2022.

1. Journeyman92

Journeyman92 Resident Gadfly Full Member

Sep 22, 2021
    Dirty inside fighting every single round. Hitting on the break, holding and hitting. Bombs after the bell. Lots of brutal theatrics squeezed into one fight.

Kitti genuinely was a very rough and tumble fighter. Jung was uncharacteristically dirty here though to me, he just dives right in.

Keep an eye on Kitti’s body shots, wicked long hooks his bread and butter here I thought. Seemed like he went in trying to wear Chang out he does a fair share of mauling and smothering stuff when he’s not popping off on the body. It pays off.

I won’t say too much, Chang wasn’t his best still a dangerous guy though he is the Korean Hawk after all. I think a lot of you guys here will really enjoy this fight and despite me describing this like a Hatton fight it’s got a lot going on here.

It is a back and forth war in pockets with KDs and some big stingers making it through, the mid range stuff and head movement by Chang is particularly flashy and very impressive. I rate it pretty highly, hope someone gives it a spin.

2. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    grabbing the other guys legs to survive

This content is protected

3. Journeyman92

Sep 22, 2021
    No spoilers!

4. Journeyman92

Sep 22, 2021
  5. Rubber Glove Sandwich

Rubber Glove Sandwich Tire Iron Jones was good but he was no Full Member

Aug 15, 2020
    This fight is the fight that made me realize there was a whole world of boxing that I hadn't explored. I'm so glad YouTube randomly recommended it to me back in 2017. I don't really remember why I became a boxing fan but I know this fight is why I am still am a boxing fan. I might have dropped the sport if I didn't see this.

10/10 fight

Chang is a legend.

6. salsanchezfan

salsanchezfan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 22, 2004
    It's a great fight. Not Chang-Tokashiki great, but.......

Rubber Glove Sandwich likes this.
  7. Flo_Raiden

Flo_Raiden Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Even when he was past his prime Chang still took it to Kittikasem, and he could have won but it just wasn’t to be. A pretty rough fight but still an entertaining fight. Chang always makes it an exciting fight.