Muhammad Ali V Jimmy Young

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Stevie G, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Bokaj

Bokaj Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2008
    He said himself that he did it "to take some pressure off me". http://boxrec.com/media/index.php?title=Fight:22902

I think the correct course of action from the ref would have been to warn hims the first time, deduct a point the second and DQ if he continued doing it. As it was he finally got a standing 8 count for doing it.

2. Fergy

Fergy Walking Dead Full Member

Jan 8, 2017
    Watched it last night and pretty bad. Both men at times as bad as each other , but felt that if young had just done a little bit more, perhaps struck out more, packed in the head through the ropes crap then he have just got a slight point win over ali. It was definitely not the best style s match up. Ali during that period was so lucky several times to keep his title. Spinks just got there in the end.

3. autumn1976

autumn1976 Member Full Member

Jun 30, 2021
    Witty comment. Made me chuckle.

4. Mark Dunham

Mark Dunham Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 19, 2021
    Ali couldnt do anything with Jimmy. He was no more effective than the other contenders

I've never seen anyone land so many right hands to Ali's head except for Norton in fight 3

5. Mark Dunham

Mark Dunham Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 19, 2021
    Willie Pep couldnt hit either and I didnt think it was boring at all. This was a boxing exhibition for the boxing purist