Muhammad Ali vs Alexander Povetkin

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Dance84, Oct 21, 2020.

Who wins

1. Ali by Decision

43.7%
  2. Ali by Knockout

32.4%
  3. Povetkin by Decision

2.8%
  4. Povetkin by Knockout

19.7%
  5. Draw

1.4%
  1. fistsof steel

fistsof steel Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 13, 2010
    There is a small Fat unfit Mexican very capable of beating all this lot in any fight at the Moment....What Ali even Foreman...Frazier and Co would do to Ruiz would be almost Comical.....Some people definitely over rate this lot of Heavyweights apart from fury they are an ordinary Lot end of story.!!!!

2. theanatolian

theanatolian Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 2, 2015
    That may have more to do with him fighting and finding a way against more top contenders than anyone else in the HW history than being a delusional fan.

Just saying.

3. fistsof steel

Nov 13, 2010
    11 Fools on here have gone for Povetkin to TKO Prime Ali...The mentality of some on here is extraordinary.

Tankatron and Boon like this.
  4. The Underdog

The Underdog Member banned Full Member

Aug 6, 2020
    Some people just don’t know **** about boxing.

fistsof steel likes this.
  5. Toney F*** U

Toney F*** U Boxing junkie Full Member

Oct 16, 2019
    Was shavers also not capable of beating any top heavyweight in the 70s? What Ruiz would do to shavers would be comical

Somali Sanil and BCS8 like this.
  6. Johnny_B

Johnny_B Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Feb 8, 2020
    Keep dreaming. Ali is nowhere near the top 5, not even top 10 in terms of boxing ability.
    SRR is the greatest boxer of all time, and by a big margin I might add.

BCS8 likes this.
  7. fistsof steel

Nov 13, 2010
    Shavers puts Him to sleep......What about Christian hammer and Rudenko thy went 12 Rounds with Povetkin think about that for a minute.!!!

8. Toney F*** U

Oct 16, 2019
    Those were clear wins for povetkin, and if you think shavers has any chance against Ruiz I seriously question your knowledge

Somali Sanil likes this.
  9. fistsof steel

Nov 13, 2010
    So he could not TKO Hammer and Rudenko but according to Geniuses on here he TKOs a Prime Ali...Thats according to 11 of your Mates on here....All who went for Povetkin to beat Ali have serious problems with there Boxing knowledge.!!!

10. Toney F*** U

Oct 16, 2019
    When did I ever say he would stop Ali?

Somali Sanil likes this.
  11. fistsof steel

Nov 13, 2010
    I said some of your Mates on here...saying he would defeat Ali is bad enough.!!

12. Toney F*** U

Oct 16, 2019
    Sorry to burst the nostalgia bubble but Ali isn’t the unbeatable boxing specimen he’s made out to be

Somali Sanil and BCS8 like this.
  13. fistsof steel

Nov 13, 2010
    Sorry to burst your Bubble Ali destroys Christian Hammer and Rudenko in about 2 rounds not 12.!!!

14. heizenberg

heizenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Ali during the peak years of his career up until the thrilla in manila at least I think would beat Povetkin fairly easily. It would be much like some of his other challenges like Bugner, Lyle etc. Ali would be in control Povetkin might make it competitive and take a few rounds but Ali would have the ability to control the pace of the fight and easily land clean on Povetkin winning
    most of the rounds maybe putting together a flurry and stopping Povetkin at some point.

Tankatron, sasto and fistsof steel like this.
  15. Glass City Cobra

Glass City Cobra H2H Burger King Full Member

Jan 6, 2017
    No one said Ali was unbeatable.

Doubting that the mediocre Povetkin who never won a belt and struggled with mediocre cavemen like Huck and Whyte could beat a guy who has arguably the best resume at HW doesn't make us "blind with nostalgia". It has nothing to do with Ali being old school and Povetkin a modern fighter. For the record I think Fury could give Ali all kinds of problems.

Me and several others provided very logical reasons why Ali would win. You could try actually addressing that instead of using these feminine shaming tactics.

fistsof steel likes this.